• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Washington DC to the Rally

F

FABIOX

Do anyone here is riding from DC to rally on July 15th or 16th?

I hope to be, either early the 14th or 15th :)

The route I am thinking of taking goes Rt. 211 out of DC hoping for an early breakfast at the Frost Diner in Warrenton, then Skyline Drive and the BRP to an overnight at the Lake View Motel in Fancy Gap. Then the BRP again down towards Blowing Rock, then up to the Rally.

I plan to make that trip too.

My current itinerary is to:
- ride from home in NYC to DC on July 14.
- Spend a full day in DC seeing old friends for one last time* on July 15.
- Ride from DC to the rally on Thursday, July 16.

I might move everything one day earlier. I'm still working out the details.

* After the rally I will continue riding west on a very circuitous route, arriving in Colorado several weeks later. I've lived on the east coast for over 13 years, but it's time for me to move west, where I have some family.

So, anyway,
I will also be riding from DC to the rally on July 15 or 16. I usually find myself riding alone, but I wouldn't refuse some company, or at least exchange phone numbers in case of emergency.

Re. the route: I was thinking of doing half on interstate to save time, and half on smaller roads.

Mark,

I am also planning to leave on Wednesday from Woodbridge VA. How are you planning to go? Straight through or over two days? Did you attend a tech day at my house in Woodbridge a couple years ago ?

Bill Zsembery

Mark,

I am also planning to leave on Wednesday from Woodbridge VA. How are you planning to go? Straight through or over two days? Did you attend a tech day at my house in Woodbridge a couple years ago ?

Bill Zsembery

Bill

yes, i did, with jim v.b and a few others. i am planning a 1 day shot, as i am riding the gs event thurs am.

interested??

s/f
mark

Marc,

It would be nice to have company. Do you want to meet near Quantico and head out from there? I assume we have to slab it most of the way.

Bill

FWIW--I am leaving from the Garrisonville Rd area on the 16th in case anyone gets pushed back a day. Haven't decided on a route, but doing it in one swipe :bolt for sure.

JEP

Riding from Potomac to Glasgow VA on the 15th, then from Glasgow to MOA via the BRP on the 16th. PM me if you think we might ride down together in whole or part! Tag number 930M79

Back