• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

START a list here;

Polarbear

Polarbear
Those from the west coast going to Tennessee? Lets go:)...Camping/moteling? What bike? Miles a day and route if you wish.....ME! Clovis,CA. through Yosemite NP and east bound. 450-700 a day on my GSA1200'07...ALL West Coasters, put your data down:)...Keep a watchful eye for Beemers out there on the road, heading East....Happy Trails, Randy:wave:thumb:dance:usa:ca:groovy

Heading out in the car. We need to be back at work on Tuesday after the rally, so the 330i it is.

Surprisingly, it's cheaper than flying and probably more fun.

:hide

Thanks;

Glad to hear you are going, as Prez.! Duty prevails:). You've got the right roundell anyways:). I wish more from the West would chime in! I'm happy to have more time off(earned) this year at work and will be roadwarrior for a month:). Its my home country, back there, so family reunion time for me. Been West too long. Anyhow, its posted here and maybe more will speak up from out here:). Happy Trails in your Beemer car! See ya there. RandyGSA1200:usa:dance

Heading out, I can't leave any earlier than Sunday. Streets & Trips says a straight shot along I-40 is the most direct route. I hate that idea; I've done it before and it was dull then, so doing it again is really aggravating. But the "short" way is 4 600+ mile days, so making it any longer is a real problem.

I do know that I-70 through eastern Utah is spectacular, maybe the nicest bit of interstate I've ridden.

I will have to look at the map some more, but I think Charles Kuralt's quote about the Interstate system from 50 years ago really hits the mark: "Now it's possible to drive completely across the country and not see anything."

I'll be leaving from Vegas on Saturday and due to lack of vacation I get to fly to Columbus, OH and borrow a bike....Hey, at least I will get to do some of the spectacular riding everyone is talking about (and I get to miss KS, NE etc!!!).

Looking forward to it, did Michigan and Wisconsin a while back and really enjoyed the different country.

Britta

Heading out, I can't leave any earlier than Sunday. Streets & Trips says a straight shot along I-40 is the most direct route. I hate that idea; I've done it before and it was dull then, so doing it again is really aggravating. But the "short" way is 4 600+ mile days, so making it any longer is a real problem.

I do know that I-70 through eastern Utah is spectacular, maybe the nicest bit of interstate I've ridden.

I will have to look at the map some more, but I think Charles Kuralt's quote about the Interstate system from 50 years ago really hits the mark: "Now it's possible to drive completely across the country and not see anything."

I like 70 best after it crosses into CO and heads into the canyon just east of Grand Junction. That stretch of I70, from there to Denver, is probably the most beautiful bit of interstate, IMHO.

40 is direct;

Its a direct shot alright, on I40. I used to know every bump in that road as a long haul trucker years ago. Its interesting enough and a fast way there. From SCruz, however you have options, regarding Interstates. I may be interested in I70(much prettier) all the way to at least Kansas City or St.Louis. Very direct that way too. I64 across Kentucky is nice and you can drop from there to the rally(I75etc..). I40 is still probably the fastest. Just don't come home that way! I hate repeats:). I have a HOT route, from Key West coming home to CA. across the bottom. I hope it rains some to cool me off:). Randy:usa:thumb

CA is going to be represented:)GS Event!

I'm doing the GS Events, as a lifelong dirt guy, aboard my GSA1200. WE will have somebody on the dirt GS course, from way out here:). It sure seems so few of us will be there, but its a long ways, I know...I'm still keeping an eye for fellow West Riders at the rally. We're going to be the minority for sure. 3 Coast states out here vs. soooo many back there! B.C. Riders too, our 4th state, hehehe...OH, Alaska, almost forgot, sorry:). Anybody up there? See ya'll. Randy:usa:ca

Those from the west coast going to Tennessee? Lets go:)...Camping/moteling? What bike? Miles a day and route if you wish.....ME! Clovis,CA. through Yosemite NP and east bound. 450-700 a day on my GSA1200'07...ALL West Coasters, put your data down:)...Keep a watchful eye for Beemers out there on the road, heading East....Happy Trails, Randy:wave:thumb:dance:usa:ca:groovy

I'm heading out from Boise on the 8th of July on the Mighty K1200RS, likely through Wyoming and then to meet friends in southern Indiana for a pre-rally function. I have to be on the ground at the site by Monday evening to get the Internet connectivity hot on Tuesday.

Thanks Greg:)

For your rally work and Happy Trails with that flying brick:) Really cool bike. See you there perhaps. Randy,:usa:thumb P'Bear

I'm start'in the pack'in:)

I hope ya'll from out here in all the West are com'in for some great Southern fun in Tenn.:)...My GSA is in pack'in mode this week, for Friday depart.....Clovis,CA...I'm not packing a laptop, so I'm absent from here soon enough for a month:). I may beg my way into somebody elses:). My Friday may be a afternoon depart, so "Benton Hot Springs" may be my target for the state line soak and camp:). Hope some girls are present! What a way to leave CA:):):):thumb:dance

Back