• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Old Bike, Older Rider

BCKRider

Kbiker
Hi there! I've been reading through the forum for the last several months (ever since I got medium speed internet - hardly worth it with dial-up) and the amount of information and interesting opinion is just amazing. Now, with considerable help from Paul Bachorz, (my computer skills are rivaled only by my mechanical ability) I'm able to join in the conversations.

I'm one of those "late entry" riders who took the MSF course and got a motorcycle license about 12 years ago. My first two bikes were both Honda 1980 CB750's which took a number of very low speed horizontal encounters with grass and pavement in stride. They also leaked or burned about a liter of oil every 1000 K. But great "learning" bikes. Even then I was a member of the Valley BMW Riders club - see the article in the June issue about our club. 2001 I acquired a 1987 K75RS. Yes, the first and only other owner had installed RS fairings on two K75T's with consecutive serial numbers! Thought this would be my lifetime bike, but a low speed collision with a R12GS on Beartooth Pass (long sad story) last summer on the way to the big MOA rally ended the K75's life and left me with a slightly damaged but very useable left knee. Thought long and hard about whether I really wanted another bike. Then Martin Hobbs (see June article) pointed me to a bike I just couldn't resist: a 1992 K100RS 4 valve with ABS brakes. It was so clean and only had 12K miles - just too good to be true. But apparently it is as good as it looks. I've been adding minor farkles (great word!) and put about 2000 miles on it this summer. I like it!

I'm 62 but only "semi-retired." I still play principal clarinet in the Okanagan Symphony and also play alto and tenor sax in a 9-piece blues band as well as some jazz gigs.

Look forward to participating in the forum. Any special knowledge about these 4 valve K100's, I'd love to read it.

Glad to see you here Doug. Sorry to hear of your little incident but happy to hear it ended well with another K bike.

Looking forward to reading some ride reports (with pic of course) from you shortly.

If you are looking for K bike info, ask away on the K bike forum. Lots of good folks there with decades of experience.

PS We are the same age and are not "older", only more experienced. :wave

Glad to see you here Doug. Sorry to hear of your little incident but happy to hear it ended well with another K bike.

Looking forward to reading some ride reports (with pic of course) from you shortly.

If you are looking for K bike info, ask away on the K bike forum. Lots of good folks there with decades of experience.

PS We are the same age and are not "older", only more experienced. :wave

Don't let Bud fool you, I have seen reports of his travels and he's the oldest teenager I know of.

Having said that, welcome to the Forum. I am also a musician (own a music store these days) and there are a bunch of others on the forum as well. Seems like the passions of Motorcycles and Music mix well together.

Sorry to hear about the K75 incident, glad you are ok. I have always thought an RS fairing on a K75 would be a cool bike. If you have any pics of the K75 or the new bike, post 'em up.

If you have any questions or comments about this place, don't hesitate.

And again... Welcome!

Me too, Clarinet:)

I've been riding all my life and now with my GSA1200, Beemers mostly for 35 years now. Welcome here. Clarinet is still with me, in my closet nowadays in storage:(. I played first clarinet, however in my concert bands into college:). I'm all rusty now on it. A good memory, I'm not sure I could ever bring back to that level? 56 here:). Beartooth P., what a sight! One of my favorite rides. Randy:wave

no musical talent here other than listening to Metallica. :whistle

Welcome to the forum, many varied sub-forums with great information and stories.

Check in often.

Again, welcome aboard. :thumb

Luis

Welcome Doug,

Good luck with the new bike :thumb.

I'm a happy K owner of one year myself, and I can attest to the knowledge available on the K/Brick forum. Quite a few good folks there who are happy to share their considerable expertise.

welcome

K75RS, that must have looked kinda neat, i saw one a few months back up in western mass, airhead RS faring with some mods. got any pics???

Welcome

Sorry to hear about Beartooth. Having just gone over it this week in the fog and snow I consider myself lucky to have kept the rubber side down. Really glad to see the 'incident' didn't set you back very far and that you have rebounded with a new ride.
:thumb

I started fitting my k75 with a k100rs fairing today.:dance
I took the pichler off.:scratch

Here is a picture I hope :scratch

Attachments

• JUL15_03.JPG
    JUL15_03.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 35
Back