• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Nordkapp 2004....

Hey, Dutch! Give us a report on how you like (or don't) those new saddlebags. I saw the ones on KBasa's bike, but at the time he hadn't tried them out much. Are they watertight? Does the slide mechanism continue to work well after it's "broken in"? How does the space vs. width tradeoff look to you?

advTHANKSance,

So far, I'm diggin my bags. Had no leakage in a moderate rainstorm and the slider things still work great.

I don't feel bad about not buying the Jesses I was considering.

1200GS Cases

The BMW cases are first class.....

Care has to be taken when adjusting the 'locking posts' in the first instance, but from then on they are secure & trouble free.

The expanding mechanism is robust and works very well, even after much use and remains weatherproof in all riding conditions....although using a 1600psi cold water pressure wash to clean the bike sometimes causes a little weeping water ingress.

The BMW inner bags are also waterproof, so as a package they work well together........although at full retail money thay may not be the very best value for money.

Here in the UK dealers don't offer any kind of discount on the 1200GS, but there is a fair amount of haggling space on the accessories...

Expanded the side cases (panniers) make the bike 38" wide....

.......which is exactly the same as the handlebar width....

Cheers

Dutch

dbrick said:
Nice, Dutch, thanks for the link.

What *is* that yellow thing in the 15th row of pictures?

Thunderbird Four, of course................... :D

So there we were 300 miles north of the Arctic Circle, when half a dozen 'plastic pigs' rolled onto our ferry.....all cunningly disguised in one way or another.....driven by a group of Brits who were headed for Nordkapp.....they were the same bunch who previously rode across China on Honda C90 Step-Thru's........totally barking mad!!

Plastic Pigs are Reliant Robin three wheeled cars made in England a few years back......

FYI

Cheers

Dutch

KBasa said:
So far, I'm diggin my bags. Had no leakage in a moderate rainstorm and the slider things still work great.

I don't feel bad about not buying the Jesses I was considering.

I read in a magazine somewhere (Bike mag I think) that once the article writer expanded the bags that they lost something like 20 miles off of their range. Have you found that to be true?

Back