• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Chesire Motorsports Portland OR

sit

Cheshire Motorsports Portland OR

Any one use Cheshire for work on their Hexhead?

Last edited:
Cheshire Motors Portland OR

Any one use Chesire for work on their Hexhead?

I have been having my R1100RT w/EZS sidecar worked on there for over a year. This spring had the big 12,000 mile service plus lube the clutch spline. Replace clutch as well. Derec is very reliable, responsible, and capable. Check out his web site at cheshiremotorsports.com/

Above all, he's very honest. After my service I had a major fuel leak upon starting the rig in my driveway two days after getting it back from him. Had it towed to him that morning. He got right on it, fixed it, and then wouldn't charge me for his time as "it shouldn't have gone out of my shop without having been checked". Mind you, he hadn't done any work at all any where near where the leak happened!

I recommend him very highly.

Karl

Milwaukie, OR

That is all good news to hear. I am taking my 12GS there this week to have the TB balance and valves done. He is also ordering parts for me to do myself, plugs, air filter and alt belt. Based on my phone contacts with him, I suspect all will go well. I believe starting in July he is going to have another tech helping him. Hopefully the new guy will have the same attitude.

I will post the out come here once I get the bike back. So far this is the only response I have received back from a couple of posts on different forums.

I totally agree with JKMOLT. Daric did some work on my airhead and did great job. I'm tking my oilhead to him soon.
Ray

I just got my bike back today after leaving it over night with Cheshire. Bike was done when promised, work was done at the price quoted, parts I ordered were waiting for me, some small items were done for me at no charge and Daric even showed me briefly how to do a TB balance. All seemed fine until the ride home.

The bike ran great and smoother than it probably ever has!! It still burbbles a bit when rolling off the throttle, but not nearly as much as it used to and at cruising speed, the thing was just silk. I am quite happy and will be going back

Last edited:
Back