• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from CT

T

TRS1200RT

Hi everyone! New to BMW but not motorcycles. Riding off and on for over 30yrs. I recently sold my goldwing and purchased a new 2009 R1200RT. Best decision I ever made. Unfortunately, I can't take credit for the smart decision, my son convinced me to look at and try the new R1200RT. He was also looking for an upgrade for his SV650 and we tried the R1200RT at the same time. I was ready to purchase right then and there. The bike was smooth and effortless to ride. My son purchased the blue and I the black. Our first weekend we put on 400 miles thanks to our quick trip Americade. The more I ride the bike the better I like it. Can't wait to take some longer trips.

Welcome to the Forum and BMWs. You are a lucky man to share such a past time with your son.

Welcome to the forum - I too did the switch from a Goldwing to an RT - have not looked back!

Great information and comraderie here - check out the various subforums

Hexhead for Technical discussions and The East reginal for "local" east coast stuff

Welcome fellow Nutmegers! I live on the other side of the state from you but grew up and learned to ride in Litchfield county. Beautiful country and great riding.

You will find a bunch of great folks and lots of good info here. And we're always looking to hear about new folks in the club and see what they ride.

Check "The East" section of the regional forums. I am going to try to set up a breakfast meet at the Vanilla Bean restaraunt on Rte 44 in Pomfret in the next few weeks.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions for the forum, don't be shy and once again... Welcome.:wave

Welcome from the heart of Texas...
That is pretty cool to share the rides with your son on the same style bikes as Mika mentioned. Enjoy the ride and enjoy the MOA family

Welcome to the madness.

Neat that you both get to ride Beemers. Know you will love them. Going to go to our big party in TN in July? Hope to see you there.

Welcome indeed! Come on out to the "quiet corner" and visit!

I am jealous of you BMW riding Nutmeggers who can all meet up in a short drive from home! Take a look to check your map and in another state like that!
It takes us a day to get to the state border!

Also feel like y'all do when it snows ...102 degrees on the porch an hour ago...I'm INSIDE!:nyah

Thanks for the great welcome everyone! I already feel at home. Yes.. I do feel lucky to be able to share the riding experience with my son (actually both sons)my youngest son rides a Ducati Hypermotard. Motorcycling has kept the three of us closer together. I would love to take the trip to Tenn. but I don't think my business can afford to lose me for a week right now. I made a visit last year (without the bike) and absolutely loved it there. I did mention the rally to my son and he said when do we leave!!! My son and I do look forward to meeting up with everyone on the road and sharing a coffee or frosty beverage and some good conversation.

Back