• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

This might be a stupid question, but....

I'm not going to know until the last minute if I can make the rally. What are the odds on finding a decent room within 30 miles or so, if I show up on the day it begins?

Most hotels allow you to cancel reservations 24 hours prior to your arrival. I would make the reservations, and then if it is definite that you will not be going say Tuesday or Early Wednesday cancel, but check with the hotel on their cancelation policy that way if you are going you will have a room.

You should have no problem finding a last minute hotel in Huntington or Barbourville - which are right down I-64. Huntington is close to 50-55mi. away, and Barbourville about 35-40 mi. from Charleston. I wouldn't expect any problems until you got up to St.Albans (which is right out of Charleston) really. But I'm not giving a guarantee either.:dunno

brodon said:
I'm not going to know until the last minute if I can make the rally. What are the odds on finding a decent room within 30 miles or so, if I show up on the day it begins?

Unlike previous BMW MOA International Rallies where you sometime had a very hard time finding a motel room closer than 40 miles away at the last minute (or at all) there are approximately 5,000 rooms within a 10 mile radius of the Civic Center. Even at the last minute there still should be a choice of rooms, perhaps not two or three blocks away, but certainly not 40 miles away either.

You can still call Judy Ward at the Charleston Convention and Visitors Bureau, 800-733-5469, to make a motel room reservation for the Rally, even up to the last minute.

See you in Charleston

motel rooms

Have all the LOCAL numbers for the hotels in the area if you can; calling the 800 numbers gets you some operator in Tehachapi. Usually the local desk folks know what they have and don't have. The local staff usually have a room or two they hang onto. Sometimes if you check at the cut-off time (six? four? depends on hotel) they will release a special room, such as one of the handicapped rooms, to the public at large.

I didn't have any trouble finding a room in Redmond, which was good, because thei inside of that tent was getting pretty pungent.

terry

Back