• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Highway pegs

I suggest Floorboards. I put a set on my 99 RT and love them!!! you can really move your feet around for better comfort on that long trip. Highway pegs just don't work well on a RT IMHO.I have them on my Harley, but on the RT your seating position is alot different. I took a very serious look at them before saying no. I set on a couple of RT's with Highway pegs, and found that the fairing is wide, so you need to wrap your legs around it. also with my feet on the Highway pegs, I was sitting right on my tailbone. there are probley some people out there that will attack me for my comments, but so be it. this is just my opinion. besides I'm tough, I can take it...Kenny...:thumb

I have Sahara Pegs on my R1200RT. I agree with the post above that they are difficult to use due to the width of the fairing. I also found that when you use them your feet and legs disrupt the airflow around the bike causing more wind noise and making the bike more difficult to handle. That being said, I do use them on long deadhead interstate days.

I mounted a set of Kury Aykn folding pegs on Wunderlich crash bars. I used them for several thousand miles - including a 1200 mile road trip.

They are now setting in a drawer in the garage. They ruined my posture on the bike and wound up making me less comfortable. I've not used ELF pegs but they look like they might work a bit better than my set-up.

I've discovered that what works best for me on a long ride is to maintain good posture while in the saddle and to frequently stretch all four limbs.

My stretching routine includes standing on the pegs with heels dropped, reaching to the rear rack and gently pulling on it with one arm and then the other, and hyper-flexing each leg by raising a knee toward my chest.

If I do this routine every 20 to 30 minutes I can stay on the bike till the tank runs dry or the bladder fills up - whichever comes first.

Attachments

• pegs.jpg
    pegs.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 257
Back