• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hi everyone!

B

BT

I bought a 2003 K1200RS in Feb and love it! Put about 4,000 miles on it so far. One thing I need is a new seat (it has the stock on there now). Any input on this is much appreciated! I've had several cruisers and just wanted a change. I almost bought a Montauk a few years ago but the salesman wanted $2000 more than what we agreed on the day before:fight. Anyway just wanted to say hi and see what the seat options are out there. Thanks:thumb

Attachments

• Motorcycle 112.jpg
    Motorcycle 112.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 127
My Gawd! You've got a black one and a K at that. Black Ks go the fastest.

Welcome aboard. Don't forget to submit that picture over in the K Bike forum.

Welcome Brett...nice K bike!

What part of the world you call home? Just a casual friendly reminder to kindly fill out your profile so us snoopy folks can help you out more in the future...who/what/where is always good stuff!

Lot's of opinions in the flying brick/K bike section...search "seat or saddle" and hang on!

Anyways, welcome to the site!

Welcome Brett. that think is sharp! I think the last generation K bike is the best looking of the lot (shhh.... don't tell anyone I said that, I can hear the argument already).

I have had custom seats on my last few bikes. 2 names I have had good luck with. Rick Mayer is good and I have found that the Russell day long is superb (for me). I will say that the Russell is not nearly as good looking as some of the others, definitely a touring saddle. You will hear alot of different opinions and everybodies butt is a little different so try to find someone's opinion who has a similiar build to yours.. If you do a search in the K bike, flying brick forum on seats, you will see what folks have been happy with.

Enjoy your new ride and hope to see you out there on the road.

Thanks for the info/input. I look forward to the site and maybe seeing you guys on the road!

Welcome to the forum. To bad we won't hear much from you cause you're going to be out riding that black beauty all of the time.

:thumb

What are the odds, Mustard day is on my birthday and I was born and raised in Wisconsin:nod

Welcome aboard!

You will always receive an answer to every question you ask! Sometimes the answers might be perplexing but there will always be an answer. :wink

I owned one of those bikes and, of course, wish now I never sold it but that is another story. Have to agree with Oldhway that that model was the best styling of the K bikes. The new ones look like slabs of Tupperware?«. And the newest ones have forsaken the individual right and left turn signal controls in favor of one switch on the left.

Thanks! Yeah, there's been a bike or two that I wish I still had:doh If I could only afford to have all the bikes I want!

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like you will be picking up "performance" points with that bike!!!!

Glad to have you here and look forward to post of you ride reports.

Back