• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2010 Rally Location

I think it will be a great ride from South Carolina to Oregon. I figger about a month round trip should do it. oh I forgot... some of you have jobs. :stick

Wow.

This is gonna be tough for me. I'll have to drop two smaller events to support this one.

A close friend and I will both be renting from you. So I will help you out by bringing a friend. I was at Gillette last year and used you and look forward to using you next year in Redmond. This years rally was just to far for me with the amount of time I get off. I have no problem with the event drifting around the US. Some how I get the feeling that people think we don't have running water in this part of the country and why would they want to got their.
The Redmond/Bend area is a very nice place to ride. And there is a lot of great places to go within 100 mile radius.
I think all rally locations bring there own pluses and minuses and distance is a factor for a lot of people. Next year is real close for me so I am happy! But if I had had the time I would be happy going to this years rally.
I do not care to understand the politics or the decision making process, I admire the effort that goes into just pulling off the event each year where ever it is held.

The Redmond/Bend area is a very nice place to ride. And there is a lot of great places to go within 100 mile radius.

this is a *massive* understatement. :nod

add to that, the facility there is excellent for our rally.

Why return to Redmond? Or those certain geographical locations?

Why it's a conspiracy, of course. The Board members are flown in on those black helicopters that are paid for by Haiburton, big oil and the Bush Administration.

With the many requirements that a rally of the size of the MOA, there are few places that can handle the rally in July that are located where people want to go. Many very good places are booked years in advance by people who go there every year. Nobody would turn their back on regular customers for a one time rally. The RA has had several rallies at locations that were considered by the MOA but were not selected because the locations could not handle the number of people.

It's true

The site *IS* Deschutes Fair and Expo Center in Redmond, Or.

The dates *ARE* July 15th thru 18th, 2010.

Deb Lower *IS* the Rally Chair, as she was the Co-Chair in Gillette and the Rally Chair in Moodus, Ct.

I am your humble servant and Co-Chair. Much more will be posted later.

NOW PLEASE, LET'S GET BACK TO THE PARTY AT HAND. I'm not sure I've got enough sidewall left for my ride to Johnson City and back. What a great rally this is going to be! Vance and his crew have planned many things that are going to make this a historic, benchmark setting event. I think the music alone is worth 3 times the registration fee.:bikes

Last edited:
Thanks Stan. I am so looking forward to getting to Redmond. Since I was too "young" :) the last time around and did not see it...I am looking forward to it.

Save that sidewall now...you are going to need it....we are waitn' for you over here on this side!!! :nyah

Conspiracy

Why return to Redmond? Or those certain geographical locations?

Why it's a conspiracy, of course. The Board members are flown in on those black helicopters that are paid for by Haiburton, big oil and the Bush Administration.

At least you are accurate about the conspiracy.

Not Too Far

From Montpelier, VT. Only 6222 miles as the Google bird flies with a stop in Duluth to get measured for a 'Stich on the way out and a stop in Duluth on the way back to pick it up. Yikes! I'll have to take ten days off.

Last edited:
Riding from NC

This sounds like an excellent place for a rally. I had a great time in Spokane. Redmond should be as much fun if not more. Maybe I'll make to the Pacific this time. :)

'retired' in four working days. Time and distance do not matter. Second time for long distance two up award for the same place :dance -Bob

'retired' in four working days. Time and distance do not matter. Second time for long distance two up award for the same place :dance -Bob

CONGRATULATIONS, Bob!

Only fifteen years to go until I'm retired... as long as they don't change the retirement requirements on me.

That happened to my dad about six months before he was planning on retiring. He ended up putting in another five years, to add ten combined age/service years before he retired... and they thought he was a disgruntled employee BEFORE they changed the rules!:laugh

Rallies are an excuse to travel and ride

I was just reading some of the posts about next year's Rally in Redmond. I can't quit smiling at the excuse it provides to ride out to the Left Coast another time.

I've ridden to the Northwest several times, and each event has been a great experience. If you can get the time away from your bridge club, Parent/Teacher or 12-Step meetings, I recommend it.

Last time we were in Redmond, I took it as an excuse to ride to see Crater Lake, Mt. St. Helens, the Oregon Coast, visit friends in Seattle, and take the ferry to Victoria and ride up to Port Hardy on Vancouver Island. Please don't make me do this again! Please don't throw me into the berry patch.

Everyone has a different way to approach an MOA Rally. For some, it's a chance to bitch. Me? I'll have a grin stuck across my face - so wide - that you can't change it.

Now, I gotta start wondering if my 110,000 mile GS needs a new one to haul my sorry ass out there? Some bike will. :burnout

I had to miss the last Redmond due to limited vacation time when I was living in Michigan. I'm now living out here in the wonderfull PNW and thanks to economy have been able to put on about 8k so far this season, most of it in northern Oregon.
It's the best riding I've ever found. Very light traffic and miles of curves, both veritcal and horizontal. The Oregon highway engineers must be riders.
Looking forward to 2010. Deb knows how to pitch a wang dang doodle.

this is a *massive* understatement. :nod

add to that, the facility there is excellent for our rally.

For the off-pavement crowd, it especially doesn't get much better. :dance

Would it be bad to lead a GS ride on my Husky? :evil

No offense to the site selected as I found it to be real nice for the last rally there, but why not try something new. I thought they would wait at least three years to have another western rally, since Gillette, Wyoming was last year. How about one in Maine for example? How about southern Indiana or Kentucky? If it has to be in the west, how about Colorado or New Mexico? One of the reasons I go to the national is to look at all the new stuff vendors have. Unfortunately, when there is a western rally, many of the vendors do not make it.

No offense to the site selected as I found it to be real nice for the last rally there, but why not try something new. I thought they would wait at least three years to have another western rally, since Gillette, Wyoming was last year. How about one in Maine for example? How about southern Indiana or Kentucky? If it has to be in the west, how about Colorado or New Mexico? One of the reasons I go to the national is to look at all the new stuff vendors have. Unfortunately, when there is a western rally, many of the vendors do not make it.

+1 On Kentucky or Indiana. I do love Kentucky.

Rally sites rotate regions each year. In recent years the regions have changed. I am not certain if the 2010 rally is under the old or new regional system.

After regions site selection becomes problematic in terms of availability for when we hold our International Rally and the sites within a region that can or are willing to host it.

Yeah +2 on Kentucky & Indiana !

Back