• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Recently moved to Philly

I can't believe that you think living an hour from a dealer is tough. Many of us are three hours of more from a dealer. RK from now defunct RK BMW is at Desimone and he is one of the best wrenches I have run into over the years.

Last week I heard that BMW is looking for another dealer for the Phila area and rumor has it that they may choose Montgomeryville Honda/Suzuki.
They are about 10 minutes from my house and after buying a V Strom from them last year I would still use Hermy's as my BMW dealer.
It'll be interesting to see if this is true and if not where the next dealer will be located in the Phila area. Personally I'm hoping Jack Thompson who owns a BMW auto dealership in Doylestown will show interest as I believe he also owns the X-Indian dealership just north on 611. That's a first class building , in a perfect location that has been vacant for sometime now since Bucks County Choppers moved out.

Montgomeryville Cycle used to be a BMW dealer, but stopped when they moved to their current location. I used to get service on my /5 from them before they moved, and I go there for riding gear. The first couple Iron Butt Rallys started (and ended?) there I think. If this turns out to be true, I'd check them out, but the ride to Hermy's is much more interesting.:whistle

It seems like a smart shop would close Monday/Tuesday and stay open on the weekends when many of us are free.

Z
Simple reason - NJ doesn't allow vehicle sales on Sunday. A "blue law" - ever see a car dealership open on Sunday in NJ - same reason.

Montgomeryville Cycle used to be a BMW dealer, but stopped when they moved to their current location. I used to get service on my /5 from them before they moved, and I go there for riding gear. The first couple Iron Butt Rallys started (and ended?) there I think. If this turns out to be true, I'd check them out, but the ride to Hermy's is much more interesting.:whistle

Wasn't impressed with them when I bought my V Strom. I friend of mine went there to buy a BMW when they were a dealer only to get talked out of it and into a Concourse. I bought a Shoei helmet from them a few years ago, and didn't realize it until a year latter when someone pointed out to me check the production date. It was two years old at the time I purchased it.
I was there last week and had a discussion with one of there long time sales staff.
He told what a PIA BMW riders are and how they come very informed, looking for a deal on a new bike, and then expecting a discount on accessories and ridding apparel. I quote him " It's much easier to sell a Suzuki to a kid because the only thing he cares about is if he could get a loan or not". So outside of me needing a oil filter or some oil in a pinch I'll continue to support a dealer who is run by true ridding enthusiasts and who remember my name when I walk in the door.

I've had reasonably good luck getting jackets, helmets and boots there, but I don't go more than I have to. I have a gift certificate from there that I've been trying to spend, but have had trouble finding anything I want over there. I wish it was a Hermy's gift certificate.:p

DeSimone BMW R.I.P.

Last week I heard that BMW is looking for another dealer for the Phila area and rumor has it that they may choose Montgomeryville Honda/Suzuki.

That is because DeSimone BMW in Mt. Laurel is closing on November 25, 2009.

Ron :banghead

Back