• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How to register my passanger?

MARTYH

I will be bring my daughter (adult) as a passenger to the rally. She is not a BMWMOA member. How do I register her for the rally? It appears that I must log in a second time time to register her.:usa

I am looking for the answer to this also. I am a member but my wife is not. Does she need a login ID to Pre register?

Is there a downloadable format that I can printout and mail in?

I was trying to figure this out two days ago. When I logged into secure services to try and register my wife (not an MOA member), it said that I had already registered. I ended up phoning the MOA office and did it over the phone. I'll get the paperwork in the mail, just as I did when I registered myself online weeks ago. To do it online would require creating a non-member account etc. Didn't seem to be worth the trouble.

Guys: It is really just easier to call 636-394-7277 and have MOA Office Ladies Help!!

MartyH, 126229, marcopolo and ima4nr: My Friends, I went through the exact same problems you are going through trying to register my 12 year old Son Seth, who's not a MOA member, for both the Rally Registration and for Bush Beans Tour!

For both events, 2009 International Rally in Johnson City, Tennessee and the Bush Beans Tour starting from our Rally, I called MOA Headquarters at 636-394-7277.

Both phone calls and talking to different Office Ladies was both pleasurable and efficient. Our MOA Office Staff was professional and courteous; we're registered!

I also received a very nice Private Message from SIBUD stating that BMW MOA is going to make every effort to have this online registration problem fixed next year.

I joined MOA in 1981 and my number is 24810; I also joined Harley Owners Group the first year it was formed. I have owned BMW's continuously since March of 1969 and Harley-Davidson's continuously since August of 1970. I know from experience, I do it myself, we BMW guys love making fun of H-D's and their owners. Ironically, the online H.O.G. Rallies registration procedure at www.hog.com is a complete breeze and absolutely without any flaws whatsoever.

Deja Vu

" I renewed my membership online...no problem. I then renewed my wife's associate membership online...again, no problem. I then attempted to sign us up for the rally. When I followed the directions, it lead me to Secure Services, which displayed my wife's membership with no way to change to the primary. I went to my laptop and was able to sign up but not add my wife as my passenger. I also could not use Secure Services to sign her up. Back to the desktop, where she was still on, I was able to sign her up, too. Good thing I am not bringing any additional folks. I'm out of computers." I posted this on a different thread last night. Apparently several threads are going that all address the same problem. As much as I enjoy talking on the phone during business hours, I'm sure on-line registration is preferred. The applicant has a printed document and reduces the chance for registration errors. Maybe if a few thousand riders register through the phone-in, it'll be fixed next year.

You have to do it by phone

Likewise, I called headquarter and registered over the phone. What a GREAT staff!
Marty

I will be bring my daughter (adult) as a passenger to the rally. She is not a BMWMOA member. How do I register her for the rally? It appears that I must log in a second time time to register her.:usa

Before the 2008 rally in Gillette, the BMW MOA implemented a discount for our members who attend our International Rally. While the member gets that discount, a spouse does not, so the only way for that work with our current registration system is for each *attendee* to register separately. Separate registration also ensures the capture of individual information (name, city, state, etc.) which can make the process at the Registration tent at the rally go a bit smoother.

Registration does involve setting up an account, however in practice that's really not that involved since the "account" uses the same info as you would have to provide anyway to register for any event (name, address, etc.) A key point is that in order to receive an email notification each registration has to use a unique email address. This is an unfortunate limitation of our current software. If you don't provide an email address, your registration is still going to work - you just won't get a confirmation message.

We are looking at much more advanced registration software, including some of the top vendors in this area. However, the ones of them I have looked at so far have a problem implementing the tiered member/non-member discount program we use. :banghead Still, the search continues.

" I renewed my membership online...no problem. I then renewed my wife's associate membership online...again, no problem. I then attempted to sign us up for the rally. When I followed the directions, it lead me to Secure Services, which displayed my wife's membership with no way to change to the primary. I went to my laptop and was able to sign up but not add my wife as my passenger. I also could not use Secure Services to sign her up. Back to the desktop, where she was still on, I was able to sign her up, too. Good thing I am not bringing any additional folks. I'm out of computers." I posted this on a different thread last night. Apparently several threads are going that all address the same problem. As much as I enjoy talking on the phone during business hours, I'm sure on-line registration is preferred. The applicant has a printed document and reduces the chance for registration errors. Maybe if a few thousand riders register through the phone-in, it'll be fixed next year.

Sounds like in your first attempt to register you used a computer that your wife had used to log into either the Forum or Secure Services and had a cookie store that automatically recognized your wife's account. The other computer appears to be one that either didn't have a cookie for either of your or one for you. Anyone having this problem should look at the top of the screen to see if it indicates if you (or someone) is already logged in. If so, log out and then you can pick the profile you want to access your account by logging in again.

Back