• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tire changer

IMHO the only tire changer worth having is a Coats 220 (unless of course you can afford one of the Coats big-rigs). I've had mine for over 18 years now and when I need replacement parts, no problem.

You should be able to find a new one for ~$700. Try scoping out your local larger bike shops. They often sell off older ones if they are moving up to more automated changers.

Attachments

• shop-coats220.jpg
    shop-coats220.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 880
dmt said:
IMHO the only tire changer worth having is a Coats 220 (unless of course you can afford one of the Coats big-rigs). I've had mine for over 18 years now and when I need replacement parts, no problem.

You should be able to find a new one for ~$700. Try scoping out your local larger bike shops. They often sell off older ones if they are moving up to more automated changers.

Love that floor - Is that standard tile?

dmt said:
It's your regular 12x12 white and black tile.

I assume it's in the garage. Have you had any trouble with the tile lifting under warm tires?

I need to do something for my flooring and have considered tile.

Man. I starting to think we need a "Show your Garage" thread.....

Actually that's my workshop. The garage is still unfinished. My usual practice is to use gray epoxy in the garage.

dmt said:
Actually that's my workshop. The garage is still unfinished. My usual practice is to use gray epoxy in the garage.

That's what I used in Boston, the Ben Moore Silicone based epoxy concrete stain.

Everything would just bead on it.

Coates model 220

Can you tell me Coates web site address. I tried to locate and I'm not having any luck.

Coats Manufacturing does not sell direct. You might try just searching on COATS 220 and you should come up with a couple of distributors/sellers.

Here is one I came across:
wikco.com

and the price seems about right since it looks like they include shipping. Good luck.

Back