Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Remember not to bring________cause you don't need it

...what have you acquired...Wezul
    For long pants, I pack one pair of synthetic hiking pants from my local outfitter, Mountain Equipment Co-op. In the U.S., you could get them at any outfitter type retailer, such as REI.

They are really light, and pack down small.

They look a bit techy, but that's not a problem at rallies....
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Lightbulb Convertible trousers

I bought a pair of "fishing pants"at a local sporting goods store, the kind where the legs can be unzipped to turn them into shorts, very light weight, roll up into a tight bundle. Wish I'd thought of that years ago.
    Cheers,
    Ian
    Ian Robert "Scoobs" Scobie

'92 K75RT, '02 F650GS Dakar;
    But fondly miss.. R80RT, R45,CB250RS,DT125MX,TS100

Like the zip-off pants. Start the trip out in stuff I can pitch, even though Mom always told you to have your good underwear on just in case. Still carry a tool kit but you can't hardly fix these new fancy motorcycles. Always have my old rain jacket in the tank bag, my outfit is Gortex. I quess I carry to much.

Books. Never bring books to a rally. You will never find time to read all the stuff they give you at registration more less "man of Lamancha"you brought with you all the way from timbuctu!

Quote Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
    Condoms

There are not many women who are interested in hanging out with several hunderd men while they stand around in a field talking about oil, countersteering and tire wear.
    Well, if you don't meet that special someone, they can be cut and used with some glue to repair a damaged carb diaphragm on an Airhead.

Bikes, Guitars, and ... beemokat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post
    Books. Never bring books to a rally. You will never find time to read all the stuff they give you at registration more less "man of Lamancha"you brought with you all the way from timbuctu!
    You're right, I won't read at the rally....but the first stop on the way home, man, is it nice to have a paperback pot-boiler!
    Wherever you go, there you are.