• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Awards and Tally

rob nye

Ritalin Poster Boy
Greetings,

Can anyone describe what the process is for calculating the awards such as club with most members in attendance?

Thanks

I am not sure, but I would think they just add up all the members from each club. I think they would use the system of addition. There is a device called a "calculator" that makes that process relatively easy. It has a button/key with the symbol + on it.

That really helpful.

Where will they get the numbers from? Will they be using the information from the registration slips or some other source?

I believe in the past that calculation is done from the members presenting themselves at the awards and Tallies booth in the Country Store area and signing a sheet. Although there is a section on the registration form where one would list his club affiliation, I am just not sure if this is included in the capture software that Johnathan has devised for the tallies portion.
Most have no idea what a complex job this is to tabulate the data that is presented at the closing ceremony. This committee even requires a couple of full time paid temporary workers to enter all the data. With an expected crowd of 10K the job will be bigger than ever before! Thanks Johnathan and Alison Gifford and committee for handling this for us!

any questions not answered here can be answered in the Awards and Tallies booth in the Country Store area at the rally!

Is there any way to find out more information about this BEFORE the rally? Someone told me that it is up to the Club to determine how many members are there? How do we do this. I'm president of my club but with 475+ members, I don't know everyone and definitely won't see everyone there.

Our club rally is a much smaller scale (200 attendees) but using a program with a sort function, seems like the easiest way to go. I definitely don't want to make things hard for anyone.

Will we need to go through all of the registrations to pull out the number for our club?

So can we please get a little more information on this award? I appreciate everyones hard work!

Thanks for your help!
Tina

for those who read their magazine:stick:brow..on page 92 of the July issue is the scoop
kind of word for word below:

You need to provide an official copy of your club roster with all ATENDING members checked off. It is the responsibility of the members of the club to find and mark off attending members The roster needs to be turned in by Saturday 2PM to the Awards and Tallies team

Club Awards:

Largest local chartered club

largest virtual club or special interest chartered club

club with largest percentage of members at rally

Okay WHEN I receive my July issue, I will check this out.

Can I just say, I am not thrilled with this idea. Every member of my club that is going, will need to check in with ME so that I know they are there and mark them off the list? I really think this is a hassle for 1 person. I know you're thinking if I could do better....

We will figure it out.

Thanks

I too have had issues

with the way that the awards are "registered for" in the past. I don't undertand why the information can't come right off of our registration sheets. :scratch

But since, i don't work at the rally to track this stuff; i guess that i can't say anything. :whistle

I camped with the Giffords at the Iowa Rally, and asked them about this.

Simply put, an officer of the chartered club can bring a club roster - with the attendees marked - to awards and tallies, and that will suffice. You can't just say - "Hey - we have 40 people here!" But if you bring the list with the names on it, they will trust you. (Plus they can double check the names against the master attendance list, if they choose to.)

For you guys in the big clubs ... tell your members to show up at a certain place (like your club camp) to check their names off, on your roster.

I believe that they also are gathering the information from the registration forms, however that is not always accurate. Let me tell you why...

• In many clubs, spouses are not considered members. But if these attendees both put the club number down, that would artificially inflate the number. (So a club of 15 could have 30 members at the rally.)
  • A lot of BMW Riders actually belong to several chartered clubs. It's likely that they might not get counted on each roster, unless a club officer compiles a list of names of members at the rally.

I think they are trying hard to make it fair for everyone, however it is not going to make everyone happy no matter what process they use.

Okay WHEN I receive my July issue, I will check this out.

Can I just say, I am not thrilled with this idea. Every member of my club that is going, will need to check in with ME so that I know they are there and mark them off the list? I really think this is a hassle for 1 person. I know you're thinking if I could do better....

We will figure it out.

Thanks

haha Sorry redhot...I thought when I get my magazine,everyone has had theirs for a week. We are doing what Sue mentions and have everyone wander by the "club tent" and check the roster... As large as the rally seems, we always run into everyone at least twice...or are they stalking us?:scratch

Back