• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Just signed up!

R

RTKOLENDA

Brand Spankin New RT!

Well,

Hello, RT Dudes!

I'm RTKolenda, Real Name Leon Kolenda.

I have been a BMW rider since 2001, I have had 3 GS's and 1 K1200GT.

With the last bike being a 2006 GS, very tricked out.
If you want to take a peak:http://www.digitalbrushes.com/2006gs_web_ss/

Anyhow, I have traded it in on a Brand Spankin New 2009 R1200 RT
She is Saphire Metalic Black, and loaded. I purchased her from Toursport BMW in Greenville South Carolina. Very Nice dealership, Excellent service deptartment.

Looking forward to learning about the RT, I already have a lot of questions.
I'll do some searching here and see If I can find some answers.

I now have 326 miles on her,(sorry, all motorcycles are female to me.)

I will be going to the MOA rally this year, and any other rallys that I can make time for.
Yeay!! New Ride this summer!

Looking forward to on-line chat with you guys,:wave

RTKolenda

Last edited:
Hi Leon, welcome to the Forum. Seems like the 09 RT is the bike to buy lately. Many of the other new posters made the same choice. Not surprising.

There are lots of good people and loads of information on this site. If you can't find something, ask. Also if you have any suggestions or thoughts as to how to make this place better, let me know.

Once again, welcome, and hope to see you at the rally!

Leon - welcome aboard - great forum lots of stuff.

Excellent work on the GS farkeling it out.

You'll have just as much fun on the RT.

Congrats on the new bike.

BTW - the Sapphire Metalic changes shades depending on how the sun hits it.

Welcome! I'm one of the new '09 RT owners too, and new here. From the looks of the GS, you could probably teach Farkling 101. I hope you can do the same with the RT, and share some hints.

Farkling!

Thanks for the welcome guys!:)

I had a lot of fun with that GS. I put $6,500 dollars in that bike, Who ever is going to get is going to love it, It's a real Hot Rod and a Looker!

I'm going a little slower on this RT, Well, until I get to the Vendors at the MOA Rally:dance

I'll be a plain Jane RT pulling in to the rally but not when I leave:bolt

I'm really loving the Harmon Kardon Radio set up:groovy

Looking forward to a Safe and fun riding season, and a great MOA rally!
I wish the same for everyone :thumb

Welcome Leon. All you guys buying the new RT are making me feel bad (not really). I bought a new GSA on May 9th. Got just under 3K on it now. Hope you enjoy your new BMW as much as I'm enjoying mine. Ad I know you;ll enjoy MOA.

Welcome to the Forum Leon!

I hope you keep us posted on the farkles and what you think of them. Also thank you for all your past efforts to put nice BMWs into the used marketfor guys like me to look at potentially owning.
:ha

I wish you many sMiles and look forward to bumping into maybe on the road and certainly on the Forum.

:wave

Welcome Leon.

Wow, you ride a lot of different bikes. I'm sure you will love the RT.

Glad to have you here and looking forward to seeing you in TN.

Ride Well

There's a HK Radio for the RT??:dance :dance More info please!!!

RTFlyer,

It's an OEM Radio/CD Player that comes with an Accessory Plug for MP3 players, Garmin Zumo 550, Ipod, pretty cool. I believe harmon kardon also makes the radio/CD Player for Harley also. The controls for the unit are on the left hand panel built into the fairing, and the handel bars!! they light up at night. I wish all the controls were lite up. I know, I know, You should know what and where your controls are automaticly by position. Never use to have a gear indicater on the dash either, how many riders like them now.:thumb

Welcome to the club, Leon. :thumb

I recall seeing that tricked out 06 GS online about a month ago. Very impressive job. Love the paint.

Any special paint scheme plans for the new RT? Also have you posted an image of it yet? Would really like to check it out.

Again, welcome and enjoy your new ride.

Need a new seat and how do I post a message?

I've only been able to get on by responding to an existing thread - how do I post my own message?

I have an R1200GS and the seat is torture even with an Air Hawk. I am weary of buying a custom seat that might not do the job. Help please. Ton123

Back