• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

California to Tennessee;

Polarbear

Polarbear
Anybody else? I go on the 10th or 11th. East Tennessee on the 16th for the Rally:). GSA1200 here and I ride "dirt", if the urge strikes and places like Colorado strike often:). I'll probably go through there enroute. Clovis,CA is home and Yosemite NP is usually my depart route for Nevada and beyond. Lets go..Randy. I camp, too. Happy Trails:thumb

Not surprised;

I've done this for years(posting my depart) and find I must be of so "very" few CA riders that leave the state for National Rallies. Guess I'm not shocked, as CA. plates are rarely seen in my travels, far from home. I really get some looks sometimes, WOW, CA plate, like I'm from another planet:). Could be! Califonia's getting closer to it, every year:). Randy:thumb

As I mentioned in another thread, I'll be heading to both rallies. But I'm leaving at least a day behind you, and therefore will have to slab it a lot of the way. I think I'm going to wait until I'm on the other side of the flat stuff to get off the interstates. I hope to have a more leisurely and interesting return trip.

What ya rid'in, Santa Cruz?

I'm do'in the GSA1200 this year. I find the only slow going is getting out of CA through YosemiteNP, but I hit it quite EARLY, so I dash right through, traffic free mostly:). Once to the other side, its easy to make time, as on any slab route. NV is wide open, go fast, do nearly anything you wish kind of riding. Its my favaorite depart, nearly every year, from CA.. Ride safe out there buddy and maybe we'll connect in Tenn., or wherever. I'm camping a lot, trying to find KOA's with reasonable facilities every night. Keep an eye out, for my Red/White'07 GSA, Jesse ladden side panniers with a zillion stickers of my travels. Later, Randy, ClovisCA:thumb:usa

Back