Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Stay Away From Deal's Gap

The only time that I was there was at about 5pm in the middle of the week. I literally saw 2 other cars on the road and maybe 4-5 motorcycles on the side of the road. I went through twice free and clear of other vehicles. I did it in my car and boy was it a work out! Great fun too!!

We were coming from the Tenns side and this is what I saw on our way there just next to the dam

There was no one around and no cell phone service. I didn't know what to do.

I rode the Dragon this past Sunday, got there about 12:30. No LEO'S on the way over, not much traffic, had a great ride. After hangin' out for a while, I started seeing people wandering around with plastic cups of beer. Seems that Ben has started selling beer at the store, supposedly with a two beer limit. Now, don't get me wrong, I like my beer, but I really wish he hadn't done that. With all the motorcycle carnage that goes on at Deal's Gap, I just don't see this as being a good idea. Just my.02
    2013 Goldwing

My experience was during the week as well, and during the week it seems like any other road. Did one run in the rain, which was pretty enjoyable too.

Also on weekdays you're more likely to see local commercial traffic. I managed to get behind one of those heavy-duty stake-bed trucks (four-wheel, not semi) that deliver lumber. He had a big stack of drywall and some other stuff aboard and I was about to curse him for tying up the road but then I started to be amazed. This guy must drive lumber through there all the time, because watching him pilot that big ol' truck through the twisties was possibly more fun than watching a bike because he kept up a decent speed and knew exactly where to put his line. The truck seemed to defy it's own limits. Hats off to that driver!
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Quote Originally Posted by toddlamp View Post
    The only time that I was there was at about 5pm in the middle of the week. I literally saw 2 other cars on the road and maybe 4-5 motorcycles on the side of the road. I went through twice free and clear of other vehicles. I did it in my car and boy was it a work out! Great fun too!!

We were coming from the Tenns side and this is what I saw on our way there just next to the dam

There was no one around and no cell phone service. I didn't know what to do.
    This shot looks like the lower portion of the 60+ mile Cache La Poudre Canyon West of Fort Collins...

Heading up the Cache La Poudre River

sort of

ballen262
    AHHHHH
    Now this sounds like a road I must visit.

Tire companies put tread on the side walls of tires for a reason.
    If you are replacing tires with full tread life on the side walls then your missing something.

I for one will put this area in my book off "been their hit that" places.

Now I just need to find out how to hit that on a weekday being from Idaho coming down for the rally????????

I for one feel its worth a ticket if the road is like what everyone says its like.

Everyone should run the Dragon once. You don't have to do it twice. I normally go on the weekends to see the circus. Squids in color matched leathers with files for their "soap pads". Now they have started selling beer. Let the carnage begin!
    Ride Safe!
    Curtis "Kurt" Nugent
    1985 BMW R80RT (Heidi)
    2006 BMW R1200GS (Brunhilde)
    BMWMOA #28698, BMWRA #23815,
    ABC #3488, AMA #657795