• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Going to the National?

Are you going to the National?

• You betcha

Votes: 65 81.3%
  • If my wife/husband will let me

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • If my parents will let me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, but no

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters
Say, now...!

KBasa said:
Besides, we're probably going to have to set up a Forum meeting point and time so we can all meet each other, right?

That'll work, I reckon (remembering the WVA-speak my parents taught me (they weren't brother and sister, though)). ;)

Attachments

• R1200RT2.jpg
    R1200RT2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1
  • VFR lf side.jpg
    VFR lf side.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1
  • ZX6R 2.jpg
    ZX6R 2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1
ctthayer said:
Yup, this will be my first one. I hope to h-e-double toothpicks I meet a whole lot more folks between now and then, too. It'll be nice to have friends to visit with while there, rather than wandering around like a tourist in, say, Schenectady. Not that there's anything wrong with that fine city, but you know what I mean. I'm working on it, forcing myself on my local club, and the K12LT folks. :)

Rest assured. You're going to make a whole bunch of new friends at the national. You put a bunch of people with beer in the region of a bunch of parked motorcycles and you can't help it.

To quote a friend of mine: "You're among friends".

Besides, we're probably going to have to set up a Forum meeting point and time so we can all meet each other, right?

Attachments

• IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0870.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
  • fullsizeoutput_5989.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5989.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 0
  • fullsizeoutput_598f.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_598f.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0874.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 0
Early Arrival Camping

Is camping available at the University on Tuesday and Wednesday nights for those rally volunteers that will be arriving early to help with setup?

I'm not a big rally guy

Last year was my first national. I love Canada and the Kiltmeister and his crew did a wonderful job. But, it's just too big for me. I have gone to the Sportbike Rally in Parry Sound, Ontario for years and that too has grown too big for me.

I think a rally with around 1,000 attendees in an out of the way spot is more my style. Like the Georgia Mountain Rally, nice size. I do like the vendors, music sights of a large rally but am willing trade that in for the smaller crowd.

Also, the spread out you camp here, we camp there, plus the hotels are over that way, let's meet at the Civic Center later and then go to a restaurant for dinner just isn't my style. Just hand me a raw steak and point me towards the fire pit.

Not to insult any of you who like that kinda thing. You go and have a good time. If I meet yo on the road or at a smaller rally later in the year please, tell me all about it.

Mark:clap

I plan on riding over as Charleston is about 2 hours away. I will not be on my beemer though, as it will be prepped for the AHRMA races the following weekend in Ohio.

My boss is interested in BMW bikes too, so I mght bring him along to see what all there is to offer.

I had such a great experience at my first National in Trenton. When I got there on Thursday, I thought the rally was "full". Much to my surprise (and everyone else's laughter) I hadn't seen anything yet! I'm looking forward to another good time with the Dogs! See you there!

I will be attending my first bike rally at the national. Looking forward to the concept of several different locations to visit. Hoteling the first time because I want to see how the camping is done by the biker experts. If you see someone wandering around with a dazed looked and mouth hanging open, stop me and say Hello!!!! :newbie

firstbmw said:
I will be attending my first bike rally at the national. Looking forward to the concept of several different locations to visit. Hoteling the first time because I want to see how the camping is done by the biker experts. If you see someone wandering around with a dazed looked and mouth hanging open, stop me and say Hello!!!! :newbie

You. Are. In. For. A. Treat.

Hide your wallet, grab your favorite beverage and get ready to overdose on BMW motorcycles.

We'll have to organize a forum meeting in the beer garden or something to put faces with the names, eh?

:boldpurpl

Attachments

• Attach13164_20200515_145859.jpg
    Attach13164_20200515_145859.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi All. I'll be there, looking forward to seeing Team K again, perhaps he'll show this time ;-)...Oh wait, Tina said they have a room, I'll take her word as gospel. This should be an interesting venue, we'll have to give it a chance to see how it works.

seeing Team K again, perhaps he'll show this time ;-)...Oh wait, Tina said they have a room, I'll take her word as gospel.

Damn straight skippy.:brow

What kind of lies has he been tellin'? His tale of how R1100S beats FZRs?

What kind of lies has he been tellin'? His tale of how R1100S beats FZRs?
Heh, no I don't even acknowledge that stuff as I read it! It had to do with his no-show in New Mexico last year...

Attachments

• Bikes in Arkansas.jpg
    Bikes in Arkansas.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Bike photo 2.jpg
    Bike photo 2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2
Re: Sure its a "in town Rally" BUT.........

Hank Pfister said:
THE ROADS, MAN, THE ROADS....No place on earth has roads like West Virginia! And such interesting little communities, river towns, mining towns, and twisty lightly travelled roads! Miles and miles of great dual sport roads too. Rivers for fishing, white water rafting, swimming. If you let the fact that the rally is centered in Charleston deter you from coming, you will really miss out. Sure it will be different than other rallys, but hey! its in WEST VIRGINIA!:wow

:drink see you there hank :clap I will bring the flag and hope to camp nere the river leaving the 9th

Goin to the National

I am looking forward to putting some miles on the new GS:
Looking to ride in from the East: I live in Norfolk so ride will be reasonable: Anyone else going from the Hampton Roads area?:cool:

Can't wait to attend! Just bought my "new" '78 R80/7 and plan the trip from St. Louis, camping on campus. I have attended 3 Falling Leaf rallies in Potosi MO and enjoyed each one. Even when I rented a HD, so that I could arrive on a bike (surprising my good friend and instigator of my first big trip without the family). I figured if I was accepted on a rented HD, BMW riders pretty mush accept anybody!! :>)

Re: Goin to the National

GSBliss said:
Anyone else going from the Hampton Roads area?:cool:

I'm heading up from Atlanta, but let me tell you about a very cool road if you're coming in on a GS from across Virginia.

Get your map and find Blacksburg, VA... just southwest of Roanoke off of I-81.

US460 heads west out of town... look for a little road called Craig Creek Road heading off to the right. ( N37?? 17.158' W80?? 27.665') If you reached VA42 you went too far (but that road will work, too.)

Craig Creek heads northeast through a valley and turns to gravel... very easy, and quite a nice ride.

You intersect with Hwy 311... take it north/west into the Jefferson National Forest.

PHENOMENAL twisty road that you'll never forget.

This picture was taken at the crest of the hill as you enter West Virginia.
111902_updatepic.jpg

311 hits I-64, which takes you west to Charleston.

Have fun!

Ian

Hello all-
This is my first post on the first forum I've joined and Charleston
will be my first rally.
I feel like I've just been deflowered.
I hope to meet and drink beer with alot of you.
I'll be heading down from Southern MD.

GSJOE said:
Hello all-
This is my first post on the first forum I've joined and Charleston
will be my first rally.
I feel like I've just been deflowered.
I hope to meet and drink beer with alot of you.
I'll be heading down from Southern MD.

Hey Joe! Welcome aboard!

You know anything about martinis?

:D

I think we're going to have to organize a forum meeting at the beer garden or something to put faces with all the names.

Back