• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Courier Bags

YB in IN

As I was riding my lovely motorcycle to school today, I couldn't help but notice the threat of imminent rain. My book bag doesn't really fit into my hard bags all that well. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that I need to pony up for a waterproof courier bag to haul all of my books/music/electronic doo-dads to school and back when it looks like it's going to rain. Anyone have any good suggestions?
I was thinking of Aerostich, but hate to spend the money of their courier bags are *ahem* as waterproof as their suits. College textbooks are too darn expensive to have ruined in the rain.

Backpack?

I have a Wilderness Experience backpack that is waterproof enough. (The backpack is 20 years old and I have not been able to find them on the 'net.) I do not wear it, but put it on the back seat with the top flap facing into the wind.

I use the "helmet holders" under the seat as attachment points as well as the rear rack.

I don't like carrying stuff on my body or in my 'Stich if I can avoid it.

Might be cheaper?:dunno

YB in IN said:
As I was riding my lovely motorcycle to school today, I couldn't help but notice the threat of imminent rain. My book bag doesn't really fit into my hard bags all that well. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that I need to pony up for a waterproof courier bag to haul all of my books/music/electronic doo-dads to school and back when it looks like it's going to rain. Anyone have any good suggestions?
I was thinking of Aerostich, but hate to spend the money of their courier bags are *ahem* as waterproof as their suits. College textbooks are too darn expensive to have ruined in the rain.

Check out the drybags on the campmor website. I bought a couple of the outdoor research bags for my Spokane trip. They are reasonibly priced and availaible in a variety of sizes. The drycell fits in the hard cases and is a lot cheaper than the bag liners sold by you know who

If you absolutely want it dry, there is only one name to consider and it's Ortlieb.
When on a motorcycle you don't want a classic bicycle style messenger bag. They shift around too much and are a general PITA in my own never so humble opinion. The backpack style is the better way to fly. Here is a fine example..

Attachments

• velocity.gif
    velocity.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 489
gambrinus said:
If you absolutely want it dry, there is only one name to consider and it's Ortlieb.
When on a motorcycle you don't want a classic bicycle style messenger bag. They shift around too much and are a general PITA in my own never so humble opinion. The backpack style is the better way to fly. Here is a fine example..

What Gambrinus said. That's what the couriers here use in the winter when it rains - Ortlieb.

A very good buddy of mine was just asking me that same question about a month ago. He wanted a good bag to carry his paper work and other items. He had been using a backpack and said he did not like the feeling of ridding with while wearing it. He said he felt it was constraining him. I of course living next to Aerostich brought him over there to show him some of the courier bags. He is extremely pleased with his purchase. He even got caught in a heavy downpour for about 15 minutes and told me that his lunch was in there in a paper sack and was dry as can be.

Attachments

• 908n.jpg
    908n.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 468
Back