• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Americade?

PAULBACH

PB07Americaders013.jpg

Who is going to Americade? It's all starts three weeks from today.

Shall we have a get together in the Lake George region?

I will be riding in the region, but am staying as far from LG as possible.

I've never been, Paul. I have a mental image of 2-wheeled gridlock and a love of the open road.

Is it worth a day trip, or is this one of those multiple day things?

Pete

We went to it last year and it was not what I thought it would be.
I thought it was a touring bike rally with lots of long distance riders.
It was a cruiser rally with lots of loud bikes.
We did get the Two-up long distance trophy.
I would not go again. We have Street Vibrations in Reno, thats almost the same.

A friend and I are going up on Monday. Going to Expo, RBR, Warrensburg and downtown stuff on Tuesday. Coming home Wednesday. :wave

Whatever one is looking for it can be found in Lake George. Americade is not Canada street with its bars and several hundred (thousand?) parked motorcycles.

PBRodeo-PaintedPony100s.jpg

I like the motorcycles demos, the seminars and the riding. Last year I even went to the rodeo and gained a lot of respect for those cowboys wresting with some mighty large livestock.

Planning on a visit tomorrow Thurs. in the afternoon, Then Sat. for Parade to Prospect and some Canada st. trolling.

Bob

I went up last night. There was a decent crowd there considering it was only Wednesday. I saw a fellow member fro Quebec. He could speak english too well however. I got out of him that he is heading to Mount Washington today for a day trip.

Americade a roaring success

Bottom line:
  • great attendance in a down economic time - equaled last year.
  • perfect weather for seven days straight; 70s during the day and in 40s to 50s at night.

Am now sorting through 44 folders and over 1700 photos of Americade. Will share a few.

PBAmericaders072.jpg

Lots of happy campers of all ages

PBBallonGlow002.jpg

Balloon Glow - a beautiful evening event

PBGSRide026.jpg

Of course there was GS riding. Two days of challenging trails through the Adirondacks.

PBGeicoGetaway027.jpg

Geico getaway breakfast. One of many charity events

PBGreatEscape009.jpg

Friday night's event is at the Great Escape - a six flags amusement park.

PBGreatEscape027.jpg

Motorcycles rode right into amusement park and free admission to rides were part of event.

PBGreatEscape089.jpg

Oldest Rider at Americade - 93 years old and he rode to rally!

PBGreatEscape095.jpg

Love springs eternal! Marriage proposal made and accepted. :dance

PBGuidedTour046.jpg

Group ready to set off on covered bridge tour through Vermont.

PBNYStatePolice033.jpg

New York State Trooper gave a riding demonstration and then a free riding academy with critiques and suggestions for improvement.

pblightparade004s.jpg

Light Show

pbkawasaki013c.jpg

Kawasaki had a record number of demo riders.

PBTourExpo037.jpg

TourExpo had over 250 exhibitors

PBParade-Saturday052.jpg

Great weather, great riding, great scenery

Back