• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I Want a HACK ...too.

Hi I carry a lot of stuff on Top of my GS,and sometimes proves to be a little to much.

15893-Medium.jpg

I think is time for me to try a new method,,,,
I'm being dirt biking a lot on myGS ,and i'm contemplating the possibility of getting a NON street legal bike(pure dirt),,,the problem is I will need to transport her.
so here it comes,I want to make/get a sidecar strong enogh so I can carry a bike and /or tons of gear, i think i just need a platform,not a "chair"
any information,,leads,opinions ??????
will be gladlly apreciated.

thanks ricky.

'

'.

I saw a K1200LT going down I-75 in Georgia last fall. It was towing a custom made (very small) trailer with a F-650GS on the trailer.

Makes since to have the dirt bike behind you rather than beside you.

Good Luck!

flash412 said:
If the "dirt bike" is an F650... it makes even MORE sense to RIDE the thing.

NO is DIRTBIKE like in real DIRTBIKE,,,KTM SX 450,,,CRF450,,,you know no lights,nothing.
my closses park is about 2 hours away..I can not ride a specific dirtbike for that long before she blows up for so long ,even if i have a licence for it.

Ricky, did you see the setup red menace posted at the "other" site? in about 15 pages of photos but i remember it was a blue sidecar and was basically a small pickup bed, i bet that would work and if ANYONE could figure out how to make it work and build it, I believe you are the man!!!

Well... I have been meaning to pull the boat off my Ural and see if I can mount a ramp, upside down, to the frame with some u-bolts. I figure that oughta be good enough to tote my kid's XR100. The problem that I am wondering about it how to tie the thing down. The best idea I've had so far is to secure the tires to the ramp with rubber trucker tie-downs and then make some sort of solid uprights that attach between some mounting points on the bike (engine mounts?) and the rig frame.

I would think that if you advertise for a sidecar chassis only, no boat, that you're liable to find one. I mean... if somebody crashed the boat a while back, they probably would let the frame go at a reasonable price just to get it out of the way.

Back