• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Nice little Southern Ohio/Northern Kentucky ride.

NavyDad

I got in a nice 300 mile ride yesterday. I crossed the mighty Ohio River at Portsmouth. I then took Kentucky Rte. 8 and some nice back roads into Maysville. I then caught Rte. 11 south out of Maysville to Flemingsburg. Route 32 from Flemingsburg to Olive Hill. Route 2 from there to South Shore and then 23 back home. Made a pit stop at Carter Caves Park, nice place for a break and with it being Tuesday I had the place pretty much to myself. I had a really cool experience on one of the back roads. I was tooling along rather slowly because of some mud on the road (lot's of rain there the night before) and this HUGE owl comes in and hits the ditch to my right, he flutters around there for a second and then takes flight with this big a$$ SNAKE. Flies right over the top of me with just a couple of feet to spare. It was so cool. I am just glad he didn't drop that snake. It is kind of hard to do the Anti-snake dance on a Beemer. I would have crashed a Beemer and soiled my nice Tourmaster suit for sure. I probably would have soiled the suit before crashing the Beemer:blush Anyway it was a nice day ride. Kind of cool temps, I don't think it ever did hit 70 degrees. Cloudy, but the rain held off.

Back