• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

top case decisions for R1100R

ultracyclist

I am looking for a way NOT to ride with system cases because they leak, are of poor quality, and fall off.
For day rides, I have decided that for this year I want to try a top case to hold:
-tool kit
-elec air pump
-first aid kit
-rain gear
All in all, not that much stuff.

What top case do you suggest?
Is it possible to get a top case where one can adjust the fore and aft position so on the longer riders it could be used as a back rest?

What works for you? What cases have disappointed you?
TIA

I bought a GIVI for my 08RT. It has enough room, and I painted it to match the bike. As far as the latching system, you must use the key to open it, but it latches very firm. No adjustment forward or aft though. I would have preferred a BMW, but it was a bit pricey for the amount of use it would see on my bike. The GIVI needs an adapter plate for the rear rack that can be functional when not holding the case. Dollar for dollar, it was a good buy.

Got it from these folks, they have excellent service.

http://www.helmetheadcycle.com/

Back