• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally Grounds layout

This may be a rumor, but I think that the delay is caused by Vance and his team wanting to "go the extra mile" in map detail. An example would be the topo overlay to help us find a level campsite. Another would be the GPS locations of the major event centers to help us create routes (for example, beer tent to restroom and back, assuming you can still read the screen).

I wonder if there are any other rumored upgrades?:bolt

:hide

Whats taking so long

I wonder if there are any other rumored upgrades?:bolt

:hide

I heard that they have inset little BMW Roundels in the road asphalt that will direct us to all the great BBQ places within a ten mile radius! Any truth to that?:thumb

I heard that they have inset little BMW Roundels in the road asphalt that will direct us to all the great BBQ places within a ten mile radius! Any truth to that?:thumb

hey, that was super top secret, need to know basis only. now the cat is out of the bag and some guys will be trying to pull them up and put them on their bikes.

Look out, the black choppers are headed towards you direction, locked and loaded.:laugh

But the roundels would be on almost every road.

The Rally Site layout will appear on the Web site this coming week. And it will run in the July issue.

Sorry Bud, it is not in the June issue.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Vince

The Rally Site layout will appear on the Web site this coming week. And it will run in the July issue.

Sorry Bud, it is not in the June issue.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Vince

I cannot find it...where is it? Is it under the International Rally section?

Thanks, bev

Level Camping??

Rode by the site to have a look this weekend. They were having a car show and BBQ so I did not go into the fairground but a ride around the outside did not look to promising for a level campsite.

Rode by the site to have a look this weekend. They were having a car show and BBQ so I did not go into the fairground but a ride around the outside did not look to promising for a level campsite.

Level is a relative thing. My lawn makes it look as flat as a table top.

Thanks for the links but none show where you can pick up your shipped packages, where vendor buildings are, security, beer garden, country store, car parking, camping and no camping areas, rest rooms, showers, seminar buildings, bike wash, what gates are open or one way, etc....I have some info, but I volunteer for registration every year and try to figure out where a lot of the stuff is in order to answer questions from rally participants. Many have already left home before they get the July issue of the News...most do not want to read the rally book before they get on the grounds and get set up....we get a lot of these questions at the registration area. I did find the fairground layout with the fairground labels in the vendor packet but it did not have our overlay on it to show our use for the buildings....I already have directions to Walmart....Is it July yet???:scratch

Bev

Bev,

There is a diagram of the rally site on page 11 of the Vendor Packet that can be downloaded from the International Rally part of this web site. I believe the diagram is oriented South Up.

Karl

Bev,

There is a diagram of the rally site on page 11 of the Vendor Packet that can be downloaded from the International Rally part of this web site. I believe the diagram is oriented South Up.

Karl

Thanks Karl....already downloaded that diagram....it does not show the BMW overlay....ie....Beer Garden, Vendors, Seminars, etc...it did show how many buildings there are at least. So far as I know Bldg 9 will be Country Store, Bldg 10 will be Vendor #2, Bldg 13 will be Vendor #1.

Bev

we are working on the layout map now for the rally program. we will have this posted as soon as possible but be sure we will be able to brief you prior to the opening of registration. Certain things required relocation late in the game thus any previous maps would be incorrect. It is not a hard place to navigate once there and I think all will be pleased wit hthe layout. It is coming quickly now....can you feel the magic???? :laugh

Any new info??

Will the paved roads around the fairground be open to the public during the rally. In other words is the camping area outside the gate?

I have posted the preliminary 2009 Rally grounds map on the BMW MOA homepage. A more detailed map will be available at Registration at the Rally. Hope this helps.

Vince

Last edited:
Back