• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New thread ,new forum,please!

jgr451

My ride is a 2004 K1200GT.

It shares its pedigree with the 98-04 K RS and GT,not with the traditional Flying Brick or the K1100LT.The post 04 K1200GT/K1300GT is a completely different beast,notwithstanding the same name.

I appreciate that this club/forum cannot cater to everyone;but would it be possible to create a forum sub topic dedicated to this version of K Bike?

I can tell you,the K75 has zero in common with the K1200...except that they both go fast,are reliable(sort of),and fun,and have 2 wheels,and a substantial,dedicated,fanatical following.And you can put a turbo on a K100,but that still doesn't make it a K1200.

What say we? Is it time the mustard revolution spread?There is only one right mustard! And only one right way to spread it.

It shares its pedigree with the 98-04 K RS and GT,not with the traditional Flying Brick or the K1100LT.The post 04 K1200GT/K1300GT is a completely different beast,notwithstanding the same name.

I appreciate that this club/forum cannot cater to everyone;but would it be possible to create a forum sub topic dedicated to this version of K Bike?

I can tell you,the K75 has zero in common with the K1200...except that they both go fast,are reliable(sort of),and fun,and have 2 wheels,and a substantial,dedicated,fanatical following.And you can put a turbo on a K100,but that still doesn't make it a K1200.

What say we? Is it time the mustard revolution spread?There is only one right mustard! And only one right way to spread it.
I don't think it's going to happen. The commonality of the bikes is the engine layout (and the engines were built on the same machinery in Berlin.)

If we start fragmenting forums to each variation on a common theme, we'll quickly run out of moderators for the forums, and the value of the forums will decrease, since often someone who might own a K1200GT comes from a background of owning K75's, K100's K1100's, K1's.. etc. Their knowledge gained from that background is part of what makes the forum valuable.

I'm also moving this thread over to the "Online Central" forum - which is the forum dedicated to forum policy/useage discussions. I'm leaving a permanant redirect so anyone who wants to follow the thread can get to it easily.

One suggestion - if you want to segment your K1200GT postings and garner interest in them - put "2004 K1200GT" in the subject line of your posting. I'm sure that will attract any other owners of the same bike model to whatever your concern or thoughts might be.

Best,

I can see your point, but have to disagree. All the Flying Brick bikes have a lot in common - not completely, but a lot. I have two K75s, a K1, and a K1200RS. And - more to the point - many of the people who often offer the good technical advice have in interest in all the FB models and the less scattered the threads and questions, the more likely they will reply.

Something about an ambassador sending people to another forum...:ha

Watch "Miracle on 34th Street". In the movie the real Santa gets a job as the department store Santa and builds their business many fold by referring people to where they can get what they are looking for, even if it's not in that store. Today, we'd call that a portal on the Internet. Until we have "everything" here on the 'MOA forum, it's not bad for us that people would come here first looking for good information. I'm a member of many lists, as I'm sure are many others here.

Thanks,Don,Chuck,Greg.

I am already a member of the i-bmw and k-bikes.com sites,which are sort of more specific to my version of K.

I am a BMW afficionado,which is a fancy way of saying,fan,fanatic,enthusiast,so it is all interesting.I have had 2 airheads and wish I had room in my garage for them still.

I like the flavour of this site.

The K1200 is NOT the same as the K75 or the K100,so I was suggesting that be recognized,same as the chainies and hexies and airies and boxies and oilies etc etc are.

And while the RS/GT from 98 -04 may share an engine with an LT,they are not the same bike at all.

Not trying to create divisions,nor a big sensation,just requesting a small sequestration.(My generation).
Thankee.

Back