• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Great Western Trail;

Polarbear

Polarbear
It runs from Mexico to Canada on dirt:). I rode part of it recently in AZ., from Cherry to Jerome, a 24 mile section on my GSA. What a great ride, with some tough going in some spots for a GS. I rode two up, with my girl on the back and she had to get off a couple times for the terrain got too rough to handle for two people on the bike. BIG rocky terrain on a jeep wide path, through some wonderful AZ., Mingus Mountain Range....Look up Cherry,AZ, near Prescott Valley for some great off road adventure....One place along this route, I nearly lost my GSA over a ledge that the bike(and me) would NOT be recoverable:(. I scared myself, but got REAL lucky to not fall over that one! We were riding alone, so help was not likely for some time...take a partner:). My camera took a break and I had no opportunity to get any pics, so BAD for me:(. You want a tougher than usual GS,GSA ride, go FIND this place for sure...Its well worth the effort and Jerome along 89A is where I came out, starting in Cherry,AZ....Happy Trails, Randy

The Great Western trail goes through Utah also, While I have not ridden any parts of it on a motorbike, I have been on lots of it on an ATV or 4x4 SUV. Yes for the most part, the trail (road) is very passable on large offroad type motorcycle.

Have plenty of fuel, it almost never crosses a place where fuel can be puchased. Most of the spurs/side trails - off of it might be 20-50 miles long before gas can be purchased.

http://gwt.org/

Yep, its a cool trail;

It goes into the wilderness for sure in AZ and it gets knarly too in places, so be good at what you do:). I had a wonderful ride last week on this part in AZ. and truely put this GSA to a test, BMW would be proud of...Randy

Back