• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Budget Dry Bags

Looks very interesting. Let us know if they keep stuff dry in the rain - the product information doesn't make any claims.

Budget? Go Army!-the waterproof bags are the cheapest you'll find other than a trash bag and like most military stuff as durable as any.;)
These are OD in color(of course) and the size of a large laundry bag, are made of a very durable & flexible cloth that is rubber on the inside & have heavy strings attached to tie off the top. They are waterproof and last a lifetime. I got them from cousins that used to sell surplus and paid a $1 each to them. Is that cheap and durable enough?

Last edited:
From the same Walmart...

You can also get a PVC "float" bag that you would use when canoing. Works great to strap on to the cycle. Very waterproof. I think I paid 12 bucks for mine.

Just found these as an inexpensive alternative to the ones that run $60 to $120.
You get BOTH a 91.5 liter and a 37.6 liter bag for $29.88 at Walmart.:thumb

storm duffles

I bought the same set last year and we strapped 'em on the RT to go to the National. They work pretty well but water will get in during a downpour since althought the construction is waterproof, strapping them down will leave small gaps and will let in water.

THey cost a few more bucks but I'm still using the Seal Line "Baja 30" Dry Bag that I bought back in 1990! It cost me about $20 back then but it has never leaked or torn.

So far it has cost me about $1.10 per year and the way things are going, I expect that it'll last another 19 years.

Spend a little more money and you won't have to either buy twice or arrive someplace with wet underwear!!

+1 for the Seal line bags. Also, Campmore has something called a duffle bag hydroliner for $9. Duffle gets wet but stuff stays dry.

Seal Line

+2 for the Seal Line bags, got mine at REI, various sizes, the larger bag has a built in valve to allow air out, roll top with clamps. Hey these kept my gear dry at Indy for the MotoGP last year - and if you were there you know if rained real bad, with very high winds. Good stuff.:type

Back