• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bikes on Beale, Memphis Tn.

barryg

Bikes on Beale Street, Memphis Tn. every Wendesday Nite. Beale St is the legendary Blues Street in downtown Memphis. Bikes are allowed to ride and park on Beale St.. Most all the bars have free admission and live music. Quite a few of the bars have bands playing on outdoor patios where U can drink and dine and see Ur bike. Starts about 6:00. Traffic on Beale is East bound only. Parking in the same style as Main St. Daytona and free. 2009 season started last Wendesday and will run thru the Fall. I've been hanging out at Wet Willie's at 209 Beale, listening to Victor Wainwright and his band. The legendary Leo Goff of BMW engine building fame is the featured bassist. Hundreds of bikes usually show up and it's a happening.

Hi, I heard Bikes on Beale lost 2 riders recently. I'm sorry for the loss. Just wondering if there is any info on what happened?

Only what the local rag newspaper had. A group of black riders, riding crotch rockets. I believe one of the riders a female, rear ended a vehicle, went down and was run over by another one of the group. that bike went down and I believe that rider was then run over by another vehicle. I believe one of the riders was on a Hyabusa. Paper stated they were traveling at a high rate of speed. Both were DOA at the hospital.

BTW, those riders wern't any where near Beale St. when the accident happened. I think the paper mentioned mid-town I-240 near Norris Rd..

Back