• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Garth [YB in IN] Does Exist!

BRADFORDBENN

Slowpoke & Proud of It!
So I had to go from South Bend, IN to Martinsville, IN (200 miles each way) for a business meeting. I left on Tuesday night since I had to be there at 8:30AM Wednesday. As documented in the Question/Comments thread. It was an interesting morning.

Parked in a visitor spot, got off took off the 'stich. Laid the 'stich on the ground, sat on it and changed out of the boots to work shoes. Took laptop bag off of rear seat. Put 'stich in top case. Walked into the lobby with helmet and bag.

Receptionist said, "I am sorry sir, but we may manufacture the radios here, but we do not service them." (Harman International, the parent company of my employer, manufactures the "infotainment" systems for Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Porsche vehicles among others)

Okay, so I was scratching my head. "No, you don't understand, I am here to meet with Tom.... "

"Oh in that case you want to park around back at the entrance to the testing chamber."

still puzzled "No, I have a meeting with Tom and he told me to meet him here at 8:30."

"Sir, I am sorry but all deliveries are at the back."

I am in a dress shirt and dress pants. So I pull out the cell phone and call Tom. He comes down to the lobby to get me

The receptionist then explained that she had never seen any business guests come in on a motorcycle.

"So why did I need to go to the testing chamber?"

"I thought you were bringing a prototype for us to use in testing, because I have never seen a motorcycle like that before. Also the fact that you had coils hanging from the helmet and the suit I thought that it was a new type of testing gear."

We all start laughing.

Came out later in the day, different receptionist and I noticed that there were cones around my bike. So I ask why?

"Well, sir, [why always sir?] I can not tell you about that, I am assuming that if you were allowed to know about the project, you would know why the bike is here."

"Uh, that is my personal motorcycle and there is no project."

"Oh that is embarrassing, Security had never seen a BMW motorcycle before so they figured it was a new project and ..."

What is even funnier about the whole thing is that in the employee parking lot, there is motorcycle only section of the lot complete with a metal plate for the kickstands.

Next time I think I am going to tell the receptionist it is a test project and see if I can park inside
I give Garth [YB in IN] a call after I am done with my meetings. We decide that I will head down to his house and decided what to do from there. Unfortunately I also ended up leaving the parking lot at shift change, so I got to ride out of town with about 600 of my coworkers.

When I showed up at GarthÔÇÖs I was amazed to see that he actually exists, and I got to see that he really does have a girlfriend. We make a little small talk, and then after I said I wanted to head north about 6PM Garth comes up with a ride. The ride was fairly spirited, but not unsafe. Garth can ride the heck out of his K75, I only crossed the yellow line once.

I was amazed that not only did Garth find hills, he also found curves.

040811garth.gif

040811profile.gif

So then we had a talk in the parking lot of the Brown County Animal Shelter. We had some interesting looks from passerbyÔÇÖs I am not quite sure what or why the one girl/woman was hollering at us. Then it was time to head back north. Yup, I would make the 3 hour detour again. So now Garth sez he is going to put together another ride soon. Assuming Lorezapam can get out on bail, it will be a good time.

The overall track for the two days:
040811.gif

Hey Brad,
Glad you enjoyed the ride with Garth!:clap If you can convince him to come home to Wabash some weekend and meet us there, we could show you where we ride in Wabash and Miami countys.:idea BE in IN

Where are the pi'churs.......:confused:

Sounds like you had a great ride, like the maps and elevation data, one of these days I will actually have to read the instructions with my GPS and learn how to capture all that for my rides too......:brow

BE in IN said:
Hey Brad,
Glad you enjoyed the ride with Garth!:clap If you can convince him to come home to Wabash some weekend and meet us there, we could show you where we ride in Wabash and Miami countys.:idea BE in IN

But dad, all the good roads are down here. :)

Yes Brad and I had a good time. As for pictures, well, we both left our digital cameras on our respective coffee tables:doh My girlfriend and I ended up eating at Maldonaldo's in Nashville. It was some pretty good Mexican eating.

Garth still exists

Bill and I are here at the rally talking about Garth and sitting next to the Toaster Tank that is being raffled over to raise money for Garth's Foundation.

Garth Still Exists!

:cry

Back