• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

lighting

wack

I am interested in putting some PIAA lights on my '96 R1100RSL Does any one have suggestions for placement and mounting options?? Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Unfortunately, I don't have them myself, but I have seen them mounted in two spots.

Drilled into the Roundels (yuck) and attached to the "fork legs" on the front axel somehow.

Thanks for the reply. I have talked to Duncan at his shop and having seen both placements you mentioned, I probably will go with a mounting bracket. Not sure where yet?

I didn't spring for the Piaa lights, just some cheap ones from the local parts store. I made a bracket that spans between the sides of the fairing under the oil cooler and mounted the lights at the oute edges.

Lights%201.jpg

Have you Seen Piaa's mounted on Martin Fabrication Brackets?
Cyclegadgets.com has them for a R1100RS

I'm running Martin brackets on a RT with the 1100's they fill in the weak spots of the low beam and I'm not get flashed by oncoming traffic.

Last edited:
Back