• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

On-Line Tire Venders

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
Looking for a reliable and reasonably priced source for on-line tire sales; specifically for Bridgestone and Conti tires. Recommendations, please.:ear

Sportbiketrackgear.com.... best I've used. However, results may vary. Good luck.
DW..........

I shop around weekly for my fleet:doh or for friends, SWMoto is usually up there in top two on best prices. Blain sold the business to local Yamaha or Kawasaki dealer in AZ , but still has great service and deals. All of these have free shipping with two tires. They can vary week to week on wh is cheapest.
I have used all 3 and typically see the tires in 3-4 business days here in TX.

http://www.compacc.com/Tires.cfm

sometimes has great package deals

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

free shipping on orders over $75, so you can do the onesies when needed as well

Last edited:
FWIW, my local m/c tire and repair shop routinely beats the prices of the online vendors. I just phone him and ask for a quote on the one or two brands I'm looking at, no chiseling, and his prices are good. It's understood that he'll do the mounting and balancing for which he charges me 1 hr. labor total for both tires on the bike. I've never understood the economics of tire retailing - but somehow there must be enough profit in there to at least give the local guy a shot at the business.

Our BMW dealer in Tucson has a tire operation you can acess on line.
www.swmotorubber.com. There is a planned simularity in the name with Southwest Moto tires.

Their prices are close on most tires, altho I have found a few that are $10+ apart.

If you are at the dealership, same price for tires as on line, plus mounting and balancing.

bob

I have purchases tires from Ron Ayers, Metzler 880s from American Motorcycle Tire and most recently Avons & Pirellies from Motorcycle Pro Shop. MPS had the lowest price I could find and a plus is the tires were shipped in a box.

Service was good from all 3. I'm sure the other vendors listed are great also.

The thing I look for is the delivered price. Sometimes "Free Shipping" is not the lowest price.

Ralph Sims

Thanks everyone for your responses. The determining factor was finding someone who ships tires to Alaska. Got what I needed from SWMoto.

+1 for ronayers.com

If you are looking for Road Pilots 2 I found that Throttleworx.com has a great price and they ship fast.

+1 for ronayers.com

If you are looking for Road Pilots 2 I found that Throttleworx.com has a great price and they ship fast.

Just got a new pair of Pilot Road 2's from SWmoto at my front door yesterday . . oooo baby ! I think they might have been a few bucks less than Throttleworx, not much, but less. I paid $306 for the pair, no tax, and free shipping. Ordered Thursday and received Tuesday. Not bad. These are replacing the Pilot Roads that came on my RT.

I have a philosophy that even if my dealer charges me more, I tend to support the dealer when the savings aren't that significant to go elsewhere. In this case, the savings were almost $200 when including the tax.

Attachments

• tires.jpg
    tires.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 313
Back