• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sherpa Service at the National

roostershooter

motorcycle cowboy
Has anyone used Sherpa Service at any of the past rallies? How would you rate your experience? I haven't much experience with camping, not sure I would like it. So I thought before I shelled out alot of dough, I thought I might try Sherpa Service.

I've never stayed with the Sherpa but I am going to this year. Went to his website, filed out the form, gave him credit card number and almost immediately received confirmation. He called me the next morning to ask about special request because I had not listed any on the form...pretty nice to do that. I'll be there sometime on the 16th.

Has anyone used Sherpa Service at any of the past rallies? How would you rate your experience? I haven't much experience with camping, not sure I would like it. So I thought before I shelled out alot of dough, I thought I might try Sherpa Service.

I used The Mayberry Sherpa service at last years National in Gillette. GREAT,GREAT,GREAT. Ted does a wonderfull job. The whole setup is First Rate. also included with your camping is...FREE coffee, Free cell phone charging. Free hookup for your Laptop. FREE shade and so much more. You will not be disapointed. I have special needs, as I use a Cpap machine to sleep. this was no problem. I highly recommend Ted, and Mayberry Sherpa...:thumb :thumb :thumb

There is another thread here that I saw later on that had alot of good info on Ted's Sherpa service. It sounded so good that I went ahead and signed up.

I hope to meet you at Gray, Ted.
Thank you!
You made my trip less cumbersome.

My pleasure.

This year's reservations have started off slow, but they are building up steam. If I was still at my 100 tent capacity, I'd sell out in May. I'm ready to provide as many as 200 this year.

Currently sold: 63.

Prices do go up on April 15th though, so I wouldn't hesitate too much longer.

Oh, and this will be my sixth year. Only one customer since I started has complained vigorously. She was expecting a tent under a tree next to a stream (and I have no idea where she got that expectation), and was upset that a corner of her air mattress was damp (we had a torrential rain earlier in that day). I would have replaced the air mattress, but she never gave me a chance. She was so unhappy, she didn't even stay with the Sherpa Camp.

Other than that, pretty much always happy campers! Do a search for "sherpa" on this forum, you'll find a lot of feedback.

I am also another happy camper.

Booked with Ted in Wisconsin and Vermont.

Couldn't get a better deal or a nicer set up for camping.

Who will forget the night in Wis that the storm came in and we all thought we were going to get blown away.. but the tents stayed on the ground and we stayed dry.

Highly recommended, you will not be disappointed.

JM

Sherpa Wisconsin

I am also another happy camper.

Booked with Ted in Wisconsin and Vermont.

Couldn't get a better deal or a nicer set up for camping.

Who will forget the night in Wis that the storm came in and we all thought we were going to get blown away.. but the tents stayed on the ground and we stayed dry.

Highly recommended, you will not be disappointed.

JM

+1

No hotel/motel offers this

Bachorz461FS.jpg

Have never seen any hotel/motel anywhere offer this service - full array of 12v charging facilities. Ted knows how to do it right.

Here's another endorsement for Ted. I used his service in Vermont and West Bend, and I'm using it this year in Tennessee. To be honest, I sleep much better in hotels. But, IMHO, you need to stay at the rally site to get the "true" rally experience. I will hotel it to/from the rally, but I will be in one of Ted's tents at the rally. Ted does a fantastic job of taking care of his customers. If you need something, ask, and Ted will do what he can to make your stay a great one. He's got the coffee ready early and keeps the coolers stocked with ice late. So, if you want to stay in a tent at the rally but don't want to haul all the extra equipment, contact Ted and make your reservation. When you arrive, your tent is all set up, your air mattress is inflated, and all you're all set to have a great time.

See y'all in Tennessee!

Hi, Ted... Your web site indicates that prices will go up on May 31. I was waiting a little to decide whether to use your services, or bring my own gear. Is April 15 truly the price increase date? How much are the prices going up? Thanks! :p

My pleasure.

This year's reservations have started off slow, but they are building up steam. If I was still at my 100 tent capacity, I'd sell out in May. I'm ready to provide as many as 200 this year.

Currently sold: 63.

Prices do go up on April 15th though, so I wouldn't hesitate too much longer.

Oh, and this will be my sixth year. Only one customer since I started has complained vigorously. She was expecting a tent under a tree next to a stream (and I have no idea where she got that expectation), and was upset that a corner of her air mattress was damp (we had a torrential rain earlier in that day). I would have replaced the air mattress, but she never gave me a chance. She was so unhappy, she didn't even stay with the Sherpa Camp.

Other than that, pretty much always happy campers! Do a search for "sherpa" on this forum, you'll find a lot of feedback.

Hi, Ted... Your web site indicates that prices will go up on May 31. I was waiting a little to decide whether to use your services, or bring my own gear. Is April 15 truly the price increase date? How much are the prices going up? Thanks! :p

Well, I'll be darned. Guess I was thinking of another event that I'm almost sold out on.

Yes, for MOA, price increase happens May 31, not Apr 15th as I previously indicated.

The price bumps $25 June 1st.

Here's another endorsement for Ted. I used his service in Vermont and West Bend, and I'm using it this year in Tennessee. To be honest, I sleep much better in hotels. But, IMHO, you need to stay at the rally site to get the "true" rally experience. I will hotel it to/from the rally, but I will be in one of Ted's tents at the rally. Ted does a fantastic job of taking care of his customers. If you need something, ask, and Ted will do what he can to make your stay a great one. He's got the coffee ready early and keeps the coolers stocked with ice late. So, if you want to stay in a tent at the rally but don't want to haul all the extra equipment, contact Ted and make your reservation. When you arrive, your tent is all set up, your air mattress is inflated, and all you're all set to have a great time.

See y'all in Tennessee!

+1

Don't forget the mints on the pillows. Just like the classy joints!

Rick G

I made my Sherpa reservation last night... :clap

I debated long and hard about it, but ultimately decided to leave my camping gear at home. I am planning to hotel it to/from the rally anyway, so this way I don't need to carry all the dead weight for so many miles.

I made my Sherpa reservation last night... :clap

I debated long and hard about it, but ultimately decided to leave my camping gear at home. I am planning to hotel it to/from the rally anyway, so this way I don't need to carry all the dead weight for so many miles.

Just made my reservation a few minutes ago! Decided to go ahead and pull the trigger prior to the price increase. $25 is $25 right. Anyway this will be my first Rally and I am looking forward to it One question.....how far is the Sherpa set up from the beer garden????:bottle

Just made my reservation a few minutes ago! Decided to go ahead and pull the trigger prior to the price increase. $25 is $25 right. Anyway this will be my first Rally and I am looking forward to it

You aren't the only one. MOA tents being reserved this weekend just hit double digits (10 or more tents reserved just this weekend).

If I still had my 100 tent limit, I'd be sold out by now. I have a 200 tent limit this year, so still plenty left, but price does go up tomorrow.

One question.....how far is the Sherpa set up from the beer garden????:bottle

Hmmm... No idea. Somewhere within stumbling distance though. :D

You aren't the only one. MOA tents being reserved this weekend just hit double digits (10 or more tents reserved just this weekend).

If I still had my 100 tent limit, I'd be sold out by now. I have a 200 tent limit this year, so still plenty left, but price does go up tomorrow.

Hmmm... No idea. Somewhere within stumbling distance though. :D

On a serious note As I said this is my first MOA rally and I was wondering, as far as being part of the Sherpa area, where do we park our motorcycles? Is it close to the tents? Please forgive my rally newbieism

On a serious note As I said this is my first MOA rally and I was wondering, as far as being part of the Sherpa area, where do we park our motorcycles? Is it close to the tents? Please forgive my rally newbieism

No worries on the question, and yes, there will be room in front of the tent to park your bike.

Newbie here.

Sorry new to the rally also. Is it too late to sign up? Please call me 3123882245. Traveling with my wife. would prefer not to buy camping equipment. Or does anyonehave a number for the Sherpa?My name is Ed or email me at gsm3ed@yahoo.com

Back