• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I'm going to DC, looking for activities.

crazydrummerdude

advrider.com
My friend is doing some solar research this summer at Goddard. She's getting enough money to fly me out there a time or two.

We dig outdoors-y stuff.

Any suggestions on what to do (around) there?

My friend is doing some solar research this summer at Goddard. She's getting enough money to fly me out there a time or two.

We dig outdoors-y stuff.

Any suggestions on what to do (around) there?

Try tubing the Potomac at Harpers Ferry, WV. It's about 1 1/2 hours from Goddard.

Hike the Appalachian Trail in Maryland, Virginia, or PA.

Kayaking state parks in the Chesapeake.

Go on a Lighthouse Tour on the Chesapeake.

Eat crabs and drink beer pretty much anywhere in the summer.:drink

Good luck and have fun.

Run up to Annapolis, find yourself a restaurant/pub with outdoor seating, order a cool beverage and watch the sites on Ego Alley.

Seriously, Annapolis is a great little place to visit. If you do, definately tour the Naval Academy. You should check it out.

If you want a pretty cool hike, google "Old Rag Mountain Virginia" its a great hike with spectacular views and pretty good rock scramble towards the end. Its about an hour and a half or so from DC to the west.

JEP

maybe you have been there and done this, but you should walk the city center, the length of the mall from the Jefferson Memorial to Congress and up the elipse. Hike across the Potomac to Arlington and to the train station. Washington is a magnificent city from street level and most everything is free..

Back