• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RV to the Rally

jimfastcar

If somebody goes to the Rally in an RV, is it the same as the Harley Trailer-Queen's some make fun of ?

:hide

If somebody goes to the Rally in an RV, is it the same as the Harley Trailer-Queen's some make fun of ?:hide

Heavens no. When you have medical problems that prevent tent camping and you want to stay on the grounds, there is no other choice. I'm going to have my travel trailer at the rally and also ride my bike to the rally. I'm gonna truck my travel trailer, return home with it and ride my bike back. I'll never have another rally less than 65 miles from my house again. I got up at 4:00AM on April Fools day to make my reservation for a spot before they were all spoken for. I might ride down and see what spot I "won".

Ken

Well stated, Osborn! I ride long distances now but had to give up riding all together for a few years(late 80's to 2000) until CT surgery gave me a new option to ride! I chose not to trailer when personally limited, but we don't know all the issues involved when judgment is passed on others that trailer bikes. Granted some may be lazy or posers or who knows what else, but it is not for us to point the finger!:dunno

Rider here with a tent, but:)

I invited my parents to see what I've been doing for 33 years at these things and they are my guests in their RV:). They enjoy the bikes, even thouigh they don't ride. My brothers and all my family do, otherwise:). I hope all the RV folks that do ride and use their RVs come in mass and enjoy all the rally as all of us tenters do! I find it cool to see the money, so many spend to be comfy and its a lot of $$$ in some cases. You got it, spend it:)....Randy:thumb :usa

RV to rally

I thought the purpose of going to the rally was to see old friends, meet new ones and to have fun. Passing judgement on other's, because they choose to trailer or RV on site doesn't make them any less a rider. Unless you know all the facts regarding their decision, then maybe the ones who choose to boo at the awards cremony can look within and see what was the real reason they came for.
It doesn't matter if you rode 50 miles or 10,000 miles to get there, you are showing support for a pastime most of us gather no income from.

YIRIDE:dance

I thought the purpose of going to the rally was to see old friends, meet new ones and to have fun. Passing judgement on other's, because they choose to trailer or RV on site doesn't make them any less a rider. Unless you know all the facts regarding their decision, then maybe the ones who choose to boo at the awards cremony can look within and see what was the real reason they came for.
It doesn't matter if you rode 50 miles or 10,000 miles to get there, you are showing support for a pastime most of us gather no income from.

YIRIDE:dance

I agree. Like I said, for some of us that want to stay at the rally but are unable to do so due to physical problems, RVing is the only option. Ever since the doctors told me in 1969 that I should not be able to walk due to a broken back, I consider every ride a gift. I've moteled at several rallys but it was not the same. I have a daughter less than 10 miles from the rally that has plenty of room for me (and grandchildren who love to play with "POP") but I want to stay at the rally.

Handicap m/c plate?

Do you have a handicap plate on the bike? You should. I see them out West where I live on bikes. Quite often its back issues too and the bikes are less painful to ride than driving cars, in my friends case. See you there, RV and all:)...Randy PS; Culpepper County is my home, grew up there a little north of you.:usa

Do you have a handicap plate on the bike? You should. I see them out West where I live on bikes. Quite often its back issues too and the bikes are less painful to ride than driving cars, in my friends case. See you there, RV and all:)...Randy PS; Culpepper County is my home, grew up there a little north of you.:usa

Don't need a handicap plate but they are now available in Virginia. I can walk OK but standing a long time, laying on less than a good surface and running doesn't work for me.

I used to live and work in Northern Virginia. Last time I was up that way, Culepper had gone from a nice little quiet place to part of the rat race. A country boy doesn't belong in the big city. I was there for six and a half years and it felt like decades. I like the quiet peaceful sticks where I grew up.

RV to Rally

In my haste to submit my comment, I mispelled the word ceremony. Let it be known throughout the lower 48, south of the Mason Dixon Line, north of the South Pole, south of the North Pole, east of the Prime Meridian, west of the International Date Line, and territories that are being occupied by the implementation of the Manifest Destiny Doctrine.
I submit myself to the public flogging sure to come. I am already feeling better.

Those who attend this year's rally in JC, regardless of how you get there. Ride safe, enjoy the company of those you meet, and lets make this the best rally, until we do it again next year.

That is
YIRIDE:dance :dance

Back