• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Trailer hitch for K75 or K11 models?

basketcase

What's that noise...?
Two years ago, I was at a state club meeting and saw (in passing) a K11-LT with a trailer hitch on it. The gentleman had actually pulled his motorcycle camping trailer in and set up for the event.

Unfortunately, I failed to get any information about it. But the more I think about it, the idea of an awning, comfy chairs, and a (fully stocked) cooler looks attractive.

I emailed Hitch-doc, and they emailed me back to say they only produce hitches for the K1200's.

Does anyone know the name of the/a manufacturer who produces a hitch for the pre-1200 series K models?

Thanks in advance,
Rick (tapping into the brain trust) from AL

Reynolds made trailer hitches for K-bikes. I had one on my 85 KRS.. They're now out of business, but I'm sure there's some hitches still floating around in dealers or used..

It came back on the same side as the swing arm and connected to the rear sub-frame for support, but the pulling came from the connection at the right footpeg area.

The wiring was very well written out.. Even a dummy like me was able to do it..:cool:

Reynolds K100RS hitch wiring

Reynolds made trailer hitches for K-bikes. I had one on my 85 KRS.. They're now out of business, but I'm sure there's some hitches still floating around in dealers or used..

It came back on the same side as the swing arm and connected to the rear sub-frame for support, but the pulling came from the connection at the right footpeg area.

The wiring was very well written out.. Even a dummy like me was able to do it..:cool:

Does anyone have a copy of the reynolds wiring instructions for a K100RS?

Although Schoolhouse M/C Acc has a hitch listed for the k11 (we have that one) it is for a Uni-go and requires an adapter. You can try them at www.schoolhousemcacc.com and talk to Mark. Also, you can also give Jay at Dauntless Motors a call. www.dauntlessmotors.com They do not indicate on their site but it is worth calling him. -Bob

Gettin' Hitched

Bushtec makes & sells a hitch for the K1100, I'm not sure about the K75.
I believe that it was priced around $400 or so & came with an electronic
isolation relay for wiring. Good luck in your search.

Bushtec makes & sells a hitch for the K1100, I'm not sure about the K75. I believe that it was priced around $400 or so & came with an electronic isolation relay for wiring. Good luck in your search.

I have a K1100LT with a Reynold's hitch. When I started looking to buy one, the only outfit manufacturing them anymore, as mentioned above, IS Bushtec. I happened upon a buddy who had a Reynold's for sale, so I bought it instead. Keep an eye on the Flea Market, and check out the marketplace at www.ibmwr.org too. One pops up for sale every once in a while, if you see it BUY IT - DO NOT HESITATE IT WILL BE GONE QUICK! :banghead You can always sell it again later and get what you paid if you decide you do not want it.

Back