• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Panniers

motogp

Does anyone know if the hard panniers from a late model BMW interchange with others such as a set of panniers for a K1200S fit a R1200S? Obviously the hard mounting hardware is different, I am more concerned with the bags. I am in the market for a set to fit a R1200S model and have the opperatunity to purchase a set off a K1200S.

Your wisdom on this matter will be greatly appreciated.:dunno

Panniers

Thanks for the link however there is no telling if there is a difference. The panniers for the K bike are called out as klugset while the r is called out as r12slug set. Both panniers look identical but there is no telling if the K1200S system will fit on the R1200S.

Thank you for the response.............

Thanks for the link however there is no telling if there is a difference. The panniers for the K bike are called out as klugset while the r is called out as r12slug set. Both panniers look identical but there is no telling if the K1200S system will fit on the R1200S.

Thank you for the response.............

If they have the same part number they are the same.

R1200S Sports case: left 71607702873, right 71607702874
K1200S Sports case: left 71607671401, right 71607671402

So they are different. How different? Look at the parts that make up the case.

R1200S: Case, bottom left: 71607702875, bottom right: 71607702876
K1200S: Case, bottom left: 71607692063, bottom right: 71607692064

well, there's a difference right there. The other difference is in the protective moldings.

I found these differenced by bringing the same diagram up in two tabs of my browser and quickly switched back and forth to see what changed.

// marc

Panniers

Hey Mark,

I greatly appreciate your efforts in determining this. I been watching a set of panniers on Ebay that were off a K1200S. Cant say they will be doing me any good. Trying to locate a used set for my R1200S has been a long drawn out process with no success. I hate the thought of dumping a grand for a set of bags.

Will keep on looking until I just get tired of looking. Thanks again for your diligence in determining the K bags will not fit. You saved me a big headache!

Back