• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Garmin StreetPilot 2xxx series pinouts

toddlamp

I have a Garmin 2820 and would like to know what the different pins are for on the back:

garmin_streetpilot-2610_overview_en.jpg

I know there is a 12v, ground, and at least one audio channel, but what are the others?

I have this information at home I can post later if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Thank you. Please post up. Can you give me some idea of what is there? What i'd like to do is made a custom cable that will allow me to run a stereo signal and mic signal to my AutoCom under the seat using on one cable attached to the back.

It is my understanding that the other pins are for the BMW Navigator mount, which has four extra function buttons on the left side. I have the Navigator II, which I believe is a 2610. The BMW Navigator mount has a mini-plug earphone jack on the underneath side on the left of the unit. I have that plugged into my intercom (Baehr) and get the commands, etc that way.

Hope that helps.

I *KNOW* I have this someplace and of course now I cannot find it. I'll keep digging. All I can recall is the bottom two pins are power (I believe bottom most is ground) and at least two are for speaker output.

It took some digging, but I finally found it. It was buried in a PDF on the 26xx series Garmin units. From the information and searching I did, it appears this is identical for all units using the flat type connector (26xx,27xx,28xx). Even though the 27xx and 28xx introduced stereo jacks, and the 28xx series introduced a mic input, you will not find these connections in this audio cable. Also, it seems all Garmin units use a differential amplifier output for the audio cable, that means you should NOT ground the "speaker -" connection, it will unbalance the amplifier and you will either hear nothing, or a lot of distortion. If you plan to connect the speaker leads to anything other than speakers, you will need an isolation cable (also called a ground loop isolator). Here is the pinout, pins 3 & 4 (speed, reverse) are for the dead reckoning system in the 26xx series GPS units:

Attachments

• garmin 2xxx pinout.jpg
    garmin 2xxx pinout.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,574
Back