• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Quick-Scan mirror experience?

B

BRIMFIELDBEEMER

Has anyone tried the Quick-Scan mirrors from SAENG/TA corp on a R1200RT?

I tried searching the previous posts and only found references to MultiVex and mirrors off a K1200RS. I bought the MultiVex and did not feel comfortable with the diminished normal field of view required to get the convex effect.

I understand from other post regarding the K1200RS mirrors that they obscure the RT's original mirrors when installed. I don't mind the RT mirrors and only want to augment them. I've seen the inexpensive stick-on convex mirrors but really liked the set-up on the LT shown at link:

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44529&highlight=mirror

Do you think the RT's small wings would support these? They also have the same mirror on stalks that are purported to fit in the unused mirror holes on the RT.

I apologize if this has been addressed in previous threads but I made an honest effort to find it and came up blank. Your help is truly appreciated.

I understand from other post regarding the K1200RS mirrors that they obscure the RT's original mirrors when installed. I don't mind the RT mirrors and only want to augment them. I've seen the inexpensive stick-on convex mirrors but really liked the set-up on the LT shown at link:

Do you think the RT's small wings would support these? They also have the same mirror on stalks that are purported to fit in the unused mirror holes on the RT.

I apologize if this has been addressed in previous threads but I made an honest effort to find it and came up blank. Your help is truly appreciated.

I use the inexpensive stick-on convex mirrors and find they work well. I checked out the picture on the LT and they look good. You can add extra mirrors off the R-RS on the RT or some other type in the holes located on the RT controls or if you don't care about cost the SAENG should do the job. Guess it depends on what you want. Good luck. :thumb

Thanks for quick reply

Is that an Army HOOAH? Just wondering here at Natick Army labs:usa

I got them on a '94LT. Mounted then higher up in my line of sight but I don't usually run with the windshield up as high as in these pictures.

P3020001.jpg

P3020001.jpg

Although larger than those little stick ons things have to be pretty close to make out what they are. Great for merging traffic and multiple lanes to keep track of your blind spots.

The K12S mirrors don't block the originals at all on a R12RT, the stock mirrors are way below the sight line. That's my view :laugh anyways.

I would be concerned with mounting them like the LT which has an very robust windshield...the early model 12RT's brackets don't like any added stress and have broken with even larger than stock windshields. I don't know if they are any strongernow but don't hear the reports like we did at first. I do run a small convex on the stock mirrors, but rarely look down anymore. My only complaint was that they cause rain to drip directly on your gloves , just a small annoyance at times.

162616927_HxMBd-M.jpg

162616931_uRM4P-M.jpg

162616924_9t3tr-M.jpg

Thanks for the info & Bumping this message again

I appreciate the input. I'm going to go with a combination of cheap stick on convex mirrors on the original mirrors and a pair of the K12RS mirrors on the unused mirror holes in the RT's hand controls. My wife will finally be able to see whats behind us, something that's bothered her since we got the RT.

Ditto what Steve said, I have the exact same setup on my RT. I love them. I never use the original mirros anymore. There are numerous times when I can see a car behind me in both the K12S mirrors, but cannot see it in either of the original RT mirrors. Highly recommended.

Back