• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Communication devices - bluetooth

nelliott

Cowboyatheart
Hi, I'm looking for bike to bike communication, connection to my cell phone and possibly a GPS unit for voice directions. I have been told, by my local bmw dealer, that they would recommend the Scala Rider (by Cardo) as the communication device of choice. Anyone have any comments on this? Or any other products?

I have a Zumo 550 which is BT paired to my phone

I have an Autocom system which provides a wired solution for hearing the GPS, Bike to Bike and bike to passanger.

As my wife rides we set up a similar system.

If you are planning bike to bike communication be aware that the party your plan to talk to needs to be on the same frequency.

Hi, I'm looking for bike to bike communication, connection to my cell phone and possibly a GPS unit for voice directions. I have been told, by my local bmw dealer, that they would recommend the Scala Rider (by Cardo) as the communication device of choice. Anyone have any comments on this? Or any other products?

I have a Scala Rider FM, Treo 755p phone, and Garmin 2820 GPS. The phone and GPS both come through the BT Scala earpieces. Works great, so far.

I have the Scala Rider Q2, it works fine bike to bike and with my Zumo 550. I have not used it with my phone. I do have riding friends that have used them with all three and have had great success.

Hi all, thanks for the input. I appreciate it. The new Scala Rider Q2 looks like a promising solution. Somewhat pricey but I think I will give it a go.
thanks again for the comments.

I've been using a Scala Rider for 3 years or so. I use it with my cell phone for bike to bike communication. It works GREAT! My husband uses his with his GPS. GREAT product.

Back