• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Wedge

39520, that's my favorite color scheme and I really like the S. This is my first BMW, purchased April 14th, and this was my first ride (it happened to rain some but no worries). A 2008 K12GT, put on 750 miles in less than 2 weeks. I love this bike!

2012-04-15_12-38-31_43.jpg

39520, that's my favorite color scheme and I really like the S. This is my first BMW, purchased April 14th, and this was my first ride (it happened to rain some but no worries). A 2008 K12GT, put on 750 miles in less than 2 weeks. I love this bike!

It's a beauty!

Debbie at Santa Elena Canyon in Big Bend NP.

IMG_0018.jpg

Hill Top Cafe, Texas Hill Country.

IMG_0043.jpg

New to Us '05 and '06

Okay, that's really cool -- matching K1200S's -- but I like your wife's clear turn signal lenses better.

Kent

Ready to Race

This was a week ago Monday at Grattan Raceway where the Michigan BMW dealerships sponsored a track day. It was awesome!

Kent

Attachments

• DSCN9407.jpg
    DSCN9407.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 627
Cool fun

Kent,
Looks like fun. I'd like to hear more about that track day. I live in MI and would like to do a track day sometime.

I think I recognize that orange bike just behind yours. It looks like the SV650 that belongs to a lady who was in my ARC course last weekend. She was a really good rider, at least at the ARC.

Jim

Cool Fun

Dan,

That is correct. She is a USN reservist that can really ride -- and her husband was there as well. The Michigan BMW dealers sponsor two events -- one in May and another in August or September. These take place at Grattan and allow bikers from novice to seriously advanced to ride in small groups of like-skilled riders. It's not limited to BMWs -- I've seen just about everything there and it's all good fun.

I also just returned from a track day at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, MI. This was held by the folks at Sportbike Track Time and it's definitely a bit more serious (most of the riders had trailered the track bikes in and they had some amazing rigs).

Kent

P.S. Here's one more image just for fun.

Attachments

• IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 602
Weekend Romp

After nearly four weeks of less than enjoyable weather, I decided to ride to Lansing, MI and back to watch my daughter play in a soccer game (she scored two goals in a 5-0 victory). Traffic on I-96 East was horrible due to construction so I took back roads and stopped in Howell, MI for lunch.

You know the forums where they ask "What's the stupidest question you've ever been asked while riding?" -- well there were plenty at that stop but I'm never unfriendly if someone takes in interest in motorcycling -- or anything else for that matter -- so I engaged in a 45 minute discussion with "new friends" who rode Harley's to their favorite watering hole. That was a conversation that I will likely never forget! And it was a nice day for a ride in any case.

Kent

Attachments

• DSCN0103.jpg
    DSCN0103.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 534
2009 bmw k1300s

Recent shot taken at one of the local cider mills.

Kent

Attachments

• DSCN0464.jpg
    DSCN0464.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 442
Sinks Canyon State Park, near Landers Wyoming. The Popo-agie
(pronounced pah-PO-sha). The river disappears completely into the limestone canyon wall and reappears 1/4 mile later.

Just when I think I want to ditch it for a GS or somethin' a pile of photos like these show up and I remember why I like this so much. My first BMW experience was a 3 day rental on an R1200RT in the hills of TN and NC over the Dragon and BRP for 900 miles. I thought that was what I wanted.
When I looked for a used bike I found a GT and bought it without almost any saddle time. I am sooo glad I have the GT vs. the RT. The RT is a lovely bike but the engine is nothing like the GT. I love when people are driving like speeding jerks and there is enough room and I can use that 3+ second acceleration from 80 to 100 to get away.

SW Virginia. There is nothing like taking this bike up over that ridge you can see in the background and heading across the next valley and up over the next ridge.

Running out of road

Gay Head light, Aquinnah, MA

Your GT

Sbaiine,

The beautiful thing about the GT is you get a great sport bike in a wonderful touring bike wrapper. It's probably the best of both worlds!

Kent

The Magnificent Wedge

Great photos everyone! In March I have some time off so would like to ride to the Texas coast if possible, take some pictures. For Christmas my girlfriend got me the 'K' decals from Hornig. Messed up this side a bit, it was breezy outside. Nonetheless it looks pretty good and breaks up the billboard look of the side fairing.

2013-01-10_16-06-23_999.jpg

I just purchased this bike last week. It's keeping my RT and Super Hawk company. It's a very slightly used 2008 K1200S. I'm really liking it.

tsp
My MC Blog: http://www.airheadmoto.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 452
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 452
Back