• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Wedge

Very nice low miler:thumb Sad that it was one of the last S's in the K12/13 line. That Akropovic option is nice on the Motosport.

Yeah, shouldn't take much to burn the Metzelers off!

Oh, and welcome to the forum:wave
What were you riding previously?

Always a sport bike rider. Honda Interceptor, Suzuki GSXR, Suzuki SV1000S, Honda RC51, KTM 990 SuperDuke, KTM RC8R, Ducati 1098S. I have mostly been a weekend and evening rider. Fun only. One track session long ago. I am getting too old to ride bikes like the 1098S more than an hour or so and wanted to try touring without going full Goldwing.........so, the K1300S.

The Motorsports Edition has all the goodies AND the HP level forged aluminum wheels which are 2 lbs lighter each than the standard K1300S. I actually think the standard wheels are better looking. MSRP around $22K only 3 years ago.

Mine also came with some carbon bits, helibars and a throttle lock and the sport panniers.

Nice :thumb
Welcome to the forum. Where are you located?

Thanks Lee. Living in Minneapolis. Wife. 3 good kids. Pretty nice dog too. Want to tour some this summer........so the K1300S. Soaking up the knowledge here and on I-BMW. Making a few changes to the bike as soon as it gets here. Power distribution. Lights. Some carbon farkles, a rear rack and bags.

Thanks Lee. Living in Minneapolis. Wife. 3 good kids. Pretty nice dog too. Want to tour some this summer........so the K1300S. Soaking up the knowledge here and on I-BMW. Making a few changes to the bike as soon as it gets here. Power distribution. Lights. Some carbon farkles, a rear rack and bags.

After one decent trip on the bike you'll probably add "new seat" to the list. :laugh

Making a few changes to the bike as soon as it gets here. Power distribution. Lights. Some carbon farkles, a rear rack and bags.

A OEM centerstand is another handy option.
The centerstand does not affect your cornering clearance on the 1300S.

Last edited:
Or not.. my stock seat is way better than the sergeant that came on it.

There is no best seat. Only the best seat for a particular rider.

I'm in shock but agree that seats are a personal choice. The one on my S was so bad that I dreaded taking it on a 1,000km trip. Replaced it with a Rich's Custom Seat last year and did a 4,000km in 5 days trip in total comfort. I've since replaced it with a Sargent w/trunk option (post #210) but, due to cooler weather, have yet to ride it. You've got me worried now. :D

I'm in shock but agree that seats are a personal choice. The one on my S was so bad that I dreaded taking it on a 1,000km trip. Replaced it with a Rich's Custom Seat last year and did a 4,000km in 5 days trip in total comfort. I've since replaced it with a Sargent w/trunk option (post #210) but, due to cooler weather, have yet to ride it. You've got me worried now. :D

couldn't go more than an hour on the Sargent. hard in all the wrong places. replaced with stock. much happier. K13S stock seat has been great for me on multiday, 1K+ trips.

Tank Protector

http://techspec.ipower.com
1st thing I noticed when I sat on the bike....ut oh gonna have issues here with scratches, so searched for something more than the usual....excellent product:thumb

Techspec brings up a 404.

3M Paint Saver is an excellent product to use on many aspects of a bike as it's clear. https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/post-factory-installation-us/paint-protection-film/

If you do some research, there are a number of manufacturers of this film ( Paint Protection Film (PPF)). It is about 6mils thick and has a very strong adhesive. These folks make complete kits to protect your bike paint. I have used these kits for quite some time now and they hold up well.
http://www.autotrimdesign.net/InvisiGARD_Paint_Protection_Kits.asp
Talk to Dawn. She is very knowledgeable.

I also found the film in bulk at the vinyl supply jobber. I cover parts that will see a lot of use like the top of the tank where my tank bag rubs. But you have to make your own templates and do the cutting.

This material was originally intended for the leading edge of helicopter rotor blades, a very abrasive environment. We have also used it on the leading edge of the wings and horizontal stabs for erosion and rock protection on fixed wings..
We were given some of the material to install by Rockwell International in '85 for a P-51. Been using it ever since.

Stop by anytime! :thumb

Spent some time with YouTube and Mr. Riepe today. He has the same whit and humor (sardonic and twisted) as anybody I ever called a good friend. Gonna read the books. Fan, sure. Heck...., we might even be related!

Made in as far as Jasper last September before I had to race a cold front back to Texas. Montreal to Vancouver is on my bucket list. About 12K round-trip from Austin. If I make it to Vancouver.., maybe a pint and pie at Yaletown Brewing Co.?

Hmmmmm, we appear to have a similar affliction with K's...

Yeah. I'm trying to figure out how I can get them both on the road..., together??? Ride the 750 one day, the 1300 the next. I mean, how do you hit the road, and leave one behind???

Back