Thread: K1300GT gear shift lever adjustment (?)

K1300GT gear shift lever adjustment (?)

Hello all, great forum & community here! Glad I joined here!!

Hoping someone might have an easy fix for this dilemma ... I have a 2009 K1300GT. Just recently put on a set of the Ilium Works sport floor boards. They look great and are very comfortable, however up-shifting has now become a problem. The gear shift lever is too low to comfortably get the boot underneath to shift. I can do it, but it's a tight fit, and I need to literally point my foot down and come up under the lever.

I see all sorts of adjustable lever options for the GS, RT's, and others. Not seeing anything on the "K" GT bikes.

1) Does anyone know of an optional adjustable shift lever that's out there, or an adapter bracket that move that foot lever up approx. 3/4" to 1"?

2) Can the linkage / Rod going to the gearbox be adjusted to lift the lever up?

Figuring this has come with others at some point? Really appreciate any help, tips, ideas, etc., that can be provided.

Thanks,
    Chris

No actual experience, but looks to me like the adjustment is at part # 6, i.e. pull it off and rotate to new position on the splines.

On my RT, the peg on which the rubber fits will rotate on an eccentric.

Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Kent, thanks for the response and the diagram. I'll probably run it down to Lior's in Corona, so that I don't muck it up. I think you're right, that's where it should be able to be adjusted.

You would think some of these aftermarket places would have something to make the peg adjustable. (?). One place has them for the RT, RS, F bikes, everything but the K bikes ... Geesh!
    MOA Member #198434
    2009 K1300GT
    2012 550I

Lightbulb And then it was revealed

Alright, scratch this one down as stoopid easy. Just needed to loosen the 10mm nuts at the top and bottom of Part #5, then turn the rod (Part #5) to the desired level where the lever needs to be in relation to the boot! Doh!

Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man ... But then again, the Tin Man didn't ride a BMW!
    MOA Member #198434
    2009 K1300GT
    2012 550I