• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Far east NC

M

mitchell0481

Anyone on the coast near Top Sail Island or Camp Lejeune? I live in Sneads Ferry.
:lurk

you know, i am seriously needed a good reason to ride out that way someday... what is the cape lookout national seashore like?

ian

I live in Hampstead and I own a 2003 K1200 LT. I would enjoy riding with another BMW owner.:usa

Hi, Mitchell0481,
Unlike most on this forum, I've actually been to Sneads Ferry. A classmate of mine at UNC was born and raised there. I visited him back in the early '70's. People were great and the food was outstanding. I'm no longer in NC, but over the years I've lived in Chapel Hill (while in school), Spruce Pine, Lillington, Morehead City and Greensboro. I'm currently on a trip to the East to visit friends and family (some in Raleigh) and to go to the BMWMOA nat'l rally and maybe stop at the Classic K campout.

Hi Mitchell,

There happen to be 2 BMW groups close by, with members from all over the Eastern NC area. The group in Wilmington is the Coastal Carolina BMW Riders and is an MOA chartered club. Our group is in New Bern with members from J'ville, Ocean, Morehead, Beaufort, and of course New Bern. The CCBMW has a web site. If you would like to join or just be included on our group's e-mailings about events we have send me a PM. You can also meet other BMW riders through Rick Green at Back Roads Triumph in J'ville. Rick is a Beemer rider himself.
Trust me...you are not alone.

:thumb

Frank Fulcher
Down East BMW Riders
New Bern, NC

Back