• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

SE Michigan Intro

J

jnjbrink

Howdy Everyone. Just wanted to take a few moments to introduce myself. I've lurked here off and on for about the past two years but didn't really have time to participate.

I was originally an MOA member in the late 90's but due to work and other life-related things, I let that lapse :doh I rejoined about two years ago and found this place. I've PM'ed a few members (Hi Josh!) here but just now started to post.

My first go 'round with BMWs started around 2000 when I lived in Southern California and acquired a 1999 R1100RT. Fast forward to the present and I'm now living in the Ann Arbor area and recently purchased an '08 R1200GS.

Looking forward to learning the local roads, attending the rally in Battle Creek and meeting up with some Midwest BMW folks. I'll lurk and cross-post in the Mountain/Prairie States forum, as my wife is originally from Saskatchewan and we find ourselves dividing our off-time in Regina, Calgary and as far west as Seattle. Looking forward to riding there too!

I work for a large Japanese auto manufacturer in powertrain development here in Michigan and at one time (aging myself here!) was a certified automotive technician. I'm pretty good with Oilheads or anything else mechanical and do my own maintenance and mechanical work - more than willing to help out a fellow MOA member with a problem or maintenance.

That's about it...glad to be here!

Hey JNJ... I've been lurking here about the same amount of time.... I joined when I owned an R1100S and now I have an 09 R1200GSA. I'm in the auto supply chain also as our company is a special machine builder located here in Traverse City. My wifeÔÇÖs from the West Coast (LA) so we make trips regularly out that way, primarily Phoenix area now. I've got tentative plans to attend the Sturgis Rally. Maybe we can exchange some stories and a cold one... :drink

...I work for a large Japanese auto manufacturer in powertrain development here in Michigan and at one time (aging myself here!) was a certified automotive technician. I'm pretty good with Oilheads or anything else mechanical and do my own maintenance and mechanical work - more than willing to help out a fellow MOA member with a problem or maintenance.

That's about it...glad to be here!
Welcome, and good to hear from someone nearby. There are several of us BMW'ers in your area. You might check out the site for the BMW Touring Club of Detroit. http://bmwtcd.org/ Breakfast every Sunday, and this Sunday is up in Milford, which is a nice ride out Pontiac Trail.

You're not at the new Toyota Center are you?

Welcome, and good to hear from someone nearby. There are several of us BMW'ers in your area. You might check out the site for the BMW Touring Club of Detroit. http://bmwtcd.org/ Breakfast every Sunday, and this Sunday is up in Milford, which is a nice ride out Pontiac Trail.

You're not at the new Toyota Center are you?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the welcome. I DO plan to make it to one of the BMWTCD events in the very near future.

Nope...I'm at the "old" Toyota Technical Center, in Ann Arbor Township. My department is pretty well rooted in that facility. The new campus is mainly non-engine related design a crash testing.

Hope to meet up with you soon!

Welcome from northern Michigan.

Check out BMWST.com This is another great bunch of folks with a lot of riders in your area. Check the events forum for an upcomming Tech Daze in MI.

Another Ann Arborite says hello

I'm in Ann Arbor also. I ride an '04 GS, and a '79 R-80. There is a nice gathering every Tuesday evening in the Depot Town area of Ypsilanti. BMW is pretty well represented there. Come on out some Tuesday night, meet some nice folks and say hello.

Last edited:
Hey BeemoKat,

Where in Depot Town? At any particular restaurant? There used to be some type of gathering in downtown Ann Arbor...Wednesdays on Main Street, I think?

It seems like Spring is here...just a slight suggestion of snow this weekend.

Thanks for the warm welcome. See you on the road!

I'm in Ann Arbor also. I ride an '04 GS, and a '79 R-80. There is a nice gathering every Tuesday evening in the Depot Town area of Ypsilanti. BMW is pretty well represented there. Come on out some Tuesday night, meet some nice folks and sya hello.

... There used to be some type of gathering in downtown Ann Arbor...Wednesdays on Main Street, I think?

There still is. It's in the block of Main St. between Washington and Liberty. Don't know if anyone will be showing up yet, but I'm going to ride thru around 6 - 6:30 and see.

Welcome to the group and see you soon.:thumb

There still is. It's in the block of Main St. between Washington and Liberty. Don't know if anyone will be showing up yet, but I'm going to ride thru around 6 - 6:30 and see.

Welcome to the group and see you soon.:thumb

I rode down Main street last night and the wednesday night before around 7:30...no bikes either time. So, not yet.

I was told there was a group down there last week. The snow must have kept them away. Maybe next week?

Last edited:
Yeah, I rode through there too and not another bike in sight. My riding co-workers refuse to ride until the low temperatures hit the 40's. Geez!

Back