• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Frosty Nutz Rally

MOONDOG59

Anyone know how to sign up for the Frosty Nutz Rally at Jamica State Park in Vermont? I think it is sponsored by Yankee Beemers but I don't see any info on the website about it.

Check their site, under the events calendar. Not sure that you need to register, as they do not provide meals, just tent space, and the fee is paid at the gate. I hope to be there, as long as the weather cooperates. Haven't been to VT in years and never on cycle, so this will be a fun weekend.

Hoping to be there

I am hoping to be there. My seat will be out to Russell seats just two weeks before so I am not sure if I will have it back in time. If I do, I will be there. :german

I am there! Two hours up the road in North country.I just got to get the K-bike back together. It has been a long winter and I am itching for a ride. We got snow...again!..... in Jericho, Vermont and the temps are obviously below freezing so I won't be on it today. Bummer

I feel your pain - honest! Still have snow in the backyard but was able to get one bike out of storage shed. Managed to get it stuck in snow but that is another story. Did get to Max's for the cookout!

darn, I feel for all you snowbound guys...looking out my window now, the red buds are blooming, the daffodils have withered, the maple pollen is about to start, the dogwood buds are plump, and our new pear tree has burst forth with color...

don't talk to me though in August....

I feel your pain - honest! Still have snow in the backyard but was able to get one bike out of storage shed. Managed to get it stuck in snow but that is another story. Did get to Max's for the cookout!
I was not able to get to Max's a I already had plans. I wish he would send out his what's goig o newsletter more than 1 day before the event. I love the Max's BBQs.

darn, I feel for all you snowbound guys...looking out my window now, the red buds are blooming, the daffodils have withered, the maple pollen is about to start, the dogwood buds are plump, and our new pear tree has burst forth with color...

don't talk to me though in August....

Oh shut-up....:blah :)

I was not able to get to Max's a I already had plans. I wish he would send out his what's goig o newsletter more than 1 day before the event. I love the Max's BBQs.

How often does he have a BBQ? I thought it was just a end of season and beginning of season type gathering.

Frosty Nut?

What is a Frosty Nut and how do I sign up? Which club is putting this on? Whoever it is they must be a great club to be this organized this early in the year.

Bill P

What is a Frosty Nut and how do I sign up? Which club is putting this on? Whoever it is they must be a great club to be this organized this early in the year.

Bill P

The Yankee Beemers put it on and it takes place at the Jamaica State Park in Vermont on the weekend of the 2nd of May. Some where in the southern part of the state. I guess it is a just show up type rally. Saying that, I wonder if food is served or is it a do it yourself feedbag type thing. I am 2 hours north of the rally so I'll definitely be there.

And for those who are planning trips for the summer the Charter Oak Rally takes place on Memorial Day weekend in Connecticut. Cottages are available, plenty of camping space, prime ribs on Saturday night and a good time to be held. Easy to get to off of Rt 2 in Colchester, Ct. straight down 91, to 84 then Rt. 2

Bill P
Its a rally as other have said. Just go the the Yankee Beemers site. Here is my blog about it a couple years ago.

moondog said:
How often does he have a BBQ? I thought it was just a end of season and beginning of season type gathering.
Generally but they sometimes have little events in between. I just didn't realize they were having one yesterday until Friday night because that's when I get the email from them.

The Yankee Beemers put it on and it takes place at the Jamaica State Park in Vermont on the weekend of the 2nd of May. Some where in the southern part of the state. I guess it is a just show up type rally. Saying that, I wonder if food is served or is it a do it yourself feedbag type thing. I am 2 hours north of the rally so I'll definitely be there.

And for those who are planning trips for the summer the Charter Oak Rally takes place on Memorial Day weekend in Connecticut. Cottages are available, plenty of camping space, prime ribs on Saturday night and a good time to be held. Easy to get to off of Rt 2 in Colchester, Ct. straight down 91, to 84 then Rt. 2

No food is served at the rally. There is a general store and restaurant right outside the enterance of the camp site. And several more not far away.

Will the real Bill P. Please Stand Up!!!

Bill P (yeah you with the YB emblem as your avatar) you are seriously busted. Unless moving to the Left Coast loosened more than a few screws, seriously the former VP of YBs knows his Frosty Nuts:thumb

Greetings,

The Frosty Nutz is the Yankee Beemers first campout of the year. It's been going on for almost 20 years but only recently has it been "advertised" in the When and Where.

Show up and find the guy taking money for camping and wristbands. Get a wristband, set up your tent and enjoy.

There is no hot coffee, meals, mugs, door prizes or any of that. It is a bunch of enthusiasts being enthusiastic about the upcoming season. If you want hots bring a stove.

Each site has a fire ring and you can get wood from the ranger. It is a great deal at $20.

It is a pretty small event with average attendance at 50 or so. As with all YB events the more the merrier, but we do appreciate a head's up if you're coming with three or four of your buddies so we can make sure there's a spot for your group.

Just checked YB's website, the rally location has been changed due to a construction project. It will now be further north, at Wilgus State Park. Not sure about any added cost at this point, but I have emailed the YB webmaster for more info. Might want to keep an eye on their site for anything new.

Anyone from central PA or south of us headed up?

New Location

As the last post indicates the Frosty Nutz campout will be at a new location this year. Wilgos State Park on the CT River. Same dates May 1st (after noon) 2nd and 3rd.

See the YB website for more details and hope to see you all there.

Craig Cleasby
YB Treasurer

Back