• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Touretech Fog Lamp Install How hard is it?

BEEMERGS74

I've recently purchased a set of Touratech Fog Lamps (non HID) for my 08 GS. It's almost due for it's 6k service so I could have the dealer install them but I thought I would save a few bucks and do it myself. Does anyone have any experience installing these?

Last edited:
This may sound like a stupid question so bare with me. Could I just run them straight to the battery and just remember to switch them off after the bike is turned off?

This may sound like a stupid question so bare with me. Could I just run them straight to the battery and just remember to switch them off after the bike is turned off?

Power to the lights comes from the battery. You don't want that amperage going through a switch, though, so the power is routed through a relay. The switch controls the relay on/off. The power to the switch usually comes from some switched source on the bike, but there is no reason I can think of why you couldn't wire it to the battery, too.

Just don't forget to turn your extra lights off.

// marc

I think I'm going to go with Touratechs canbus helper. That way i can also connect my Garmin Motorcycle mount to it as well without having to splice into the bikes wiring system.

Thanks for your help!

Back