• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Gas Tank Quick -connect

S

SHEEPDOG

Well it is almost getting spring in Wyoming. Got my R1150 RT out of the barn yesterday and took a short ride. Parked in the drive way and seen a little gas on the right side under the center stand. Removed the right side and found the quick-connect leaking a little, touched the hoses and that was a mistake, lost all the gasoline, glad I was in the driveway got a can and saved most of the gas, Sure glad I at home, and engine wasn't hot could have been a bad thing all the gasoline hot engine.

Ron

what Spring's first ride is for! At least you can replace them with the upgraded metal ones now and take one less worrysome item off the list

That's been a problem with the K-bikes too. Dumped my "Q-connectors" at my 12K service, for brass barbs. A little extra hassel for O&R, but I don't worry about leaks 500 miles from the nearest shop.....

I'll second the beemerboneyard QDs

I've had the tank off half a dozen times in the past year, without any concerns. Remember to install one of the QDs "upside down" so when reconnecting them, there's no mistakes when snapping them together.

connects on order

Got some brass connects on order. Sure is a week point the lines.

TNX all
Ron

mine broke 100 miles from nowhere

hit a large hole at low speed and started leaking. Wasn't aware until i stopped and it was dripping to ground. Always carried fuel hose and connectors and clamps after that to eliminate the quick connects if necessary. Think that would be a must have like tire plugs and pump.

I have a 95 R1100R, haven't had the bike long. do I have these? I haven't had the tank off, Should I just replace them?

Back