Thread: I can't take the cabin fever anymore

Poor man's k-bike owner kreinke's Avatar

I can't take the cabin fever anymore

I took my first 100 mile ride today!

25 degrees...no sweat. Aerostitch vest was warm and toastie. The Bandit fired on the first touch of the starter button. The new Continental Contiforce tires are sweet!

I stopped at Bala's H-D in Mauston and sat on an XR1200. Very cool bike. Nice workmanship. Really tall though. It felt about 1 inch higher in the seat than the Bandit. Also, I should mention that the seat is about as comfy as the dirt tracker the bike is made to emulate.....In other words, it's about 5/8" of leather covered foam on hard plastic. Uggh! Definately not worth the $10,700 they have on the price tag.

From Mauston I took a ride up to Necedah along Catle Rock Flowage, wary sand and wet patches.

'Ol Burt was right. You really do live more in five minutes on a motorcycle than some people do in a lifetime.

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by kreinke View Post
    I took my first 100 mile ride today!

25 degrees...no sweat. Aerostitch vest was warm and toastie. The Bandit fired on the first touch of the starter button. The new Continental Contiforce tires are sweet!

I stopped at Bala's H-D in Mauston and sat on an XR1200. Very cool bike. Nice workmanship. Really tall though. It felt about 1 inch higher in the seat than the Bandit. Also, I should mention that the seat is about as comfy as the dirt tracker the bike is made to emulate.....In other words, it's about 5/8" of leather covered foam on hard plastic. Uggh! Definately not worth the $10,700 they have on the price tag.

From Mauston I took a ride up to Necedah along Catle Rock Flowage, wary sand and wet patches.

'Ol Burt was right. You really do live more in five minutes on a motorcycle than some people do in a lifetime.
    Mauston! Necedah! Castle Rock Flowage!! Nice area up there. My brother has a cabin just outside Mauston and I've fished the flowage.....nice! Gotta make it up there on the bike this year.

Pusser's Pyrate Society Zygmund's Avatar
    Looks like today might be the day to take the first ride.....
    '02 R1150RT

+1

My GS is coming out today too. When I got home from work yesterday I found the ice finally gone from my way out of town.

The new tag was put on last night in anticipation for today!

Got a few miles in after a quick maintenance check.

Still a lot of sand and slick spots out there (at least in central MN)

Be careful - have fun.

Rally Rat
    46 degrees, sun is out with just a slight breeze....from the sound of the bikes going by my place....I'd say Spring has sprung! Here's hoping the potholes are filled before I get my bike out of storage at month's end!

Safe rides, guys.

JAMESDUNN

190 miles on my '78 RS Saturday....

....the fourteenth. A little on the cool side here in Iowa. I saw two bikes out on the open highway. I stayed on the back roads, running the two laners at 50-60 miles an hour. All in all a fun day! That old bike ran GOOD!

A wonderful 58 in the twin cities. I rode the 250 Kawasaki today from my house to the Mississippi to set and watch the bald eagles latch on to the big carp feeding on the surface, just past the icy edges of the river. Great day riding!

Yay, Karl. I got in almost 60 today, saw some Sandhill Cranes. Great ride through Kettle Morraine.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Rob Mayes
    I have been riding on and off all winter. Anytime it get 40 or above and the road are clear I am out, but yesterday I got my wife out and we road for about an hour. That is a sure sign of spring. My Son-in-law from Boston took his Pheonix out for 4 hours today and road up into the mountians.

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid_Roy View Post
    Great ride through Kettle Morraine.
    I miss that area a whole bunch, used to live in waukesha. My BIL is still there and hardly ever rides ... I've tried to talk him into the beemer, then maybe he would ride more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    My GS is coming out today too. When I got home from work yesterday I found the ice finally gone from my way out of town.
    Nice to see someone from NoDak getting out. The highways are clear around here, but the residential areas have four inches of slush. I have at least another week of waiting before I can get out.
    2001 F650GS
    2007 F800ST
    2009 R1200RT
    and a couple of Suzukis

Pusser's Pyrate Society Zygmund's Avatar
    Got out Saturday and put some miles on, sweet. Sunday AM the garbage disposal decided to break so off to Home Depot and spent a couple hours replacing with only 1 return trip to HD because as we all know, we always have to get the turbo charged replacement and it was a different size and that leads to plumbing changes!
    Did get out and had a wonderful ride around the lakes in Scott county.

All systems ready!

'02 R1150RT