Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New York City?

Quote Originally Posted by tessler View Post
    Van, great shots! The upper roadway, west-bound, of the Queensborough Bridge is one of the best views of the city. You should try it at night sometime.

Then again there's another famous view, facing East, of the Bridge from a different angle
    THAT is a nice shot!
    Dan

FABIOX
    Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    Did you mean, velcro your license plate on, so you can take it with you?
    yes that the way we roll here in NYC

I once received six tickets while parked on the sidewalk with the plate removed. Fortunately the judge dismissed them all for being "defective".

A large freight elevator helps when parking in your fourth floor living room.

ride what you've got; enjoy the road you're on!

Reid - Stone Ridge, NY - MOA #69187 - Turbo Fluffy Motoclub - IBA #50182

I don't know ANYTHING about riding in NYC, but I love this pic:

Great stuff!

If you haven't already, I think it'd be neat if you started a thread on your project--for the dog and bike lovers among us.

Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST

Quote Originally Posted by Jfixit View Post
    a desire to ride in N.Y. City. Riding goals have to be documented you know.
    Why? If you must, the night view of the GW bridge along the West Side highway is quite nice. Anytime between 3-5am is actually good. But I still have to wonder...
    Robert

I knew Paul B, and Tessler, and BrooklynPete would kick into this one.

If you ride in, know the bridges, and bring quarters for that 'exact change' that they always request. If you have an EZ-Pass in your state, then, they are transferrable on the Bridges and Tunnels.

Avenues go Up and Down, and Streets go Left and Right. Everything is a box, and don't forget to experience Central Park.

In after 10am is good, but, without reading all three pages, get out by 230 pm.

Love those pix 75571!

As for advice on the 'wider avenues', avoid the manhole covers under any circumstances. When there is just a little moisture in the air, those things are as slippery as riding on an ice rink, and your tires could Zingggggggg right out from underneath you. Parked cars on the left or right side will come out of no where, so BEWARE! Ride in the middle of the road, as much as possible, and try to avoid bus fumes by staying clear of those things.

Keep in touch with us, and give a shout when you plan to make ground.
    Tessler's office is by Madison Sq. Garden, so is our favorite Pizza Joint, and
    I'm only 50 mins from the city, and the West Side Highway from the Javits Center to the tip of Manhattan is a gorgeous run along the Hudson River.

Ride Safe!
    '10 R1200RT - Ostra Grey
    '04 R1150RT - New Life in Upstate N.Y.
    '04 R1150R - New Life in Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by jsoque View Post
    In after 10am is good, but, without reading all three pages, get out by 230 pm.
    Jim, you should read the posts by those of us who live and ride here (and skip the bashing ones, like the evil one from some dude from somewhere in la-la-land...).

Quote Originally Posted by jsoque View Post
    Tessler's office is by Madison Sq. Garden.
    Huh?

FABIOX
    Quote Originally Posted by rdalland View Post
    I once received six tickets while parked on the sidewalk with the plate removed. Fortunately the judge dismissed them all for being "defective".

A large freight elevator helps when parking in your fourth floor living room.

Radalland You are the NYC Elite ....to have freight elevator in NYC you must to be rich.
    Here is Fabiox from Brooklyn East Williamsburg Jewish ghetto!
    I have been parking everywhere in NYC, soho, noho, east village, middletown, uptown, union square everyday! I ride all year long , every single dry day of the year and I only got one ticket in 3 years ! I love NY , I love Velcrom and I will love to have a freight elevator too like you.
    Peace